Is Jeff actually listed in the game's credits?

#1 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

Someone on Formspring asked Jeff if he knew he was listed in the end credits for Asura's Wrath. He said he had no idea, and neither his nor the game's credits page note this.

All I have to say is: is this for real? Can anyone out there confirm or deny this?

#2 Edited by Kidavenger (3379 posts) -

I can deny this and many other things.

It's a gift.

It didn't happen.

#3 Posted by Vinny_Says (5630 posts) -

Maybe some other guy is also named Jeff Gerstmann? Holy shit that's cray-cray!

#4 Posted by mrfluke (4835 posts) -

thats wierd if its true can anyone confirm this?

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (34578 posts) -

Has anybody thought to look at the credits on YouTube or something? Or maybe even in the manual?

#6 Posted by MiniPato (2657 posts) -

@abdo said:

Someone on Formspring asked Jeff if he knew he was listed in the end credits for Asura's Wrath. He said he had no idea, and neither his nor the game's credits page note this.

All I have to say is: is this for real? Can anyone out there confirm or deny this?

You're on a need to know basis and you don't need to know.

Sorry, I rewatched The Rock yesterday and just realized how much they say that line.

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

Why would he be listed there?

#8 Posted by Creamypies (4012 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Why would he be listed there?

Because Jeff loves QTE's.

#9 Posted by Freezer_Burn (206 posts) -

The credits start at 23:33. I didn't see Jeff's name, but there's the off chance that I might've missed it.

#10 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@Freezer_Burn: Just watched that same video myself. Didn't catch Jeff's name either.
#11 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2994 posts) -

Dude, what?

#12 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1174 posts) -

I don't think they would credit him without his knowledge. As in, he wouldn't be that surprised if he did something, anything, to warrant a credit.

#13 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

I didn't see his name and I eyeballed those entire credits. guys just makin shit up

#14 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

I didn't see his name and I eyeballed those entire credits. guys just makin shit up

Yeah seems so, who knows why.

@MiniPato: hahaha, there are some great lines in that film: what do you say we cut the CHIT-CHAT, A-HOLE.

#15 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

This sous actually a bit of confusion from the German language option, where pulling the right trigger after filling your meter activates 'Jeff Berstmann'.

It's just a localisation thing.

#16 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

What's odder is someone "smiled" at his reply.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.