Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Austin Walker

Person » credited in 2 games

Host of Waypoint Radio & Friends at the Table, former Editor-in-Chief of Waypoint, former editor at Giant Bomb, PhD Candidate in Media Studies at the University of Western Ontario. Austin Walker writes about games, culture, and relationships between play and labor.

Austin Walker Appreciation Thread

ezmo85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Austin, last year you quickly became my favorite part of GiantBomb, which I already loved. It's not going to be the same without you. I'm happy for you, but will definitely miss the chemistry you had with the other three in the Beastcast. Dat Laugh!!!! Please Please PLEASE come back occasionally and sit in that "rotating chair". Good luck at Vice, I will definitely be following you there.

MovieFlask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Austin...what can I say that hasn't been said. You were a great fit with the East Coast team and the Beastcast soon became my most listened to podcast. Your content on the site was always great. You struck a fine balance between Vinny and Alex like the layer in between the sun and the warm fog on a spring morning. We'll miss you! Keep your laughter, wit and academic intelligence with you in your journey ahead. Best of luck!

haychew21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By haychew21

When you first arrived, I was skeptical, as I am with any new addition to Giant Bomb. "Does this guy get it?"

Well, you got it. And you're one of the most talented writers in games journalism to boot.

And then you tweeted a Chris Hitchens reference. I was sold. You were one of my favorites.

Hated to hear about your departure, but I know you wouldn't leave this awesome place if there weren't a really good reason. Running your own website under the Vice brand? Yep. That's a really good reason.

I'll miss hearing your laugh mixed with the comedic stylings of man-child Vinny and cynical Alex. I'll miss how eloquently you articulated your opinions, and how fervently you backed them up. And that perpetual question:

"What's really good??"

You are, Mr. Walker. You are.

Good luck, and bon voyage.

XtineT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks Austin Walker for a year of great articles, intelligent commentary and quite possibly one of the most infectious laughs ever! You will be missed and I wish you much success in all future endeavours. Take care and come back to visit in some capacity!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.