Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Baldur's Gate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 21, 1998

Bioware's first RPG, you must assemble a party of adventurers and investigate the mystery of the iron crisis and a darker threat that looms in the city of Baldur's Gate.

I'm Playing Baldur's Gate. Part 1

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By FunExplosions

Wanna tag along? I'll be posting short videos as I make progress. Nothing fancy, just playing the game. 

First and foremost: Thanks to Hamst3r for turning me onto Vimeo. So much better than Youtube.

In this episode: I Create my Character!

I also find out that I sound like Brad/Rorie. I am annoyed by this. Will try to fix in later videos.

I walk around Candlekeep doing nothing in particular

*Something's wrong with this one. When the audio gets quiet near the end, that's because music was supposed to play. Don't know why it didn't. 

*Constructive criticism is much appreciated* Seriously. Tell me I sound like a girl, tell me the audio sucks, tell me I'm playing wrong, make me cry. I want this to be as enjoyable as it can be.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FunExplosions

Wanna tag along? I'll be posting short videos as I make progress. Nothing fancy, just playing the game. 

First and foremost: Thanks to Hamst3r for turning me onto Vimeo. So much better than Youtube.

In this episode: I Create my Character!

I also find out that I sound like Brad/Rorie. I am annoyed by this. Will try to fix in later videos.

I walk around Candlekeep doing nothing in particular

*Something's wrong with this one. When the audio gets quiet near the end, that's because music was supposed to play. Don't know why it didn't. 

*Constructive criticism is much appreciated* Seriously. Tell me I sound like a girl, tell me the audio sucks, tell me I'm playing wrong, make me cry. I want this to be as enjoyable as it can be.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You sound like a girl, the audio sucks, you're playing wrong, I hope you cry.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FunExplosions
    @InfamousBIG: @InfamousBIG: @InfamousBIG: What the hell. When I pressed reply, <--- that happened. Oh, well. 

Anyway, YES!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions:@FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions:@FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions:@FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions:@FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions:@FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions: @FunExplosions:@FunExplosions:  

^When I hit the reply button a shitload of times that happened. 

Anyway, I'm glad you're doing this, Baldur's gate is an awesome game, I'll have to follow along.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FunExplosions
    @InfamousBIG: @InfamousBIG: <-- Hmm... 

But, awesome. The more people that watch, the more crazy shit I'll be persuaded to pursue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FunExplosions: So if enough people watch, you'll climb Mount Everest naked with one hand behind your back?!
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FCKSNAP

I wanna comment, I have no reason to do so. I will say that I never played the first one and skipped to the second one and spent about fifty hours making characters and about four hours playing in a LAN party with friends who already had overpowered characters. We beat the game by the time the pizza guy arrived with the order we placed half-way through the campaign. I never played it again.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Good work! Keep it up.....otherwise I'll beat you up ><

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FunExplosions
    @mylifeforAiur: You tilted those ^^ inward for my blog. I'm honored.
    mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mylifeforAiur
    @FunExplosions: "mylifeforFunExplosions"^^
    Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Tonic7

Interesting. As a person who was always too terrified of this game to pick it up himself, I will be watching this. My only recommendation would be to talk a bit more...maybe? Or perhaps just to slow down during important text so we can read. Other than that, this should be fun to follow.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Tonic7 said:

" Interesting. As a person who was always too terrified of this game to pick it up himself, I will be watching this. My only recommendation would be to talk a bit more...maybe? Or perhaps just to slow down during important text so we can read. Other than that, this should be fun to follow. "

@Tonic7 said:

" Interesting. As a person who was always too terrified of this game to pick it up himself, I will be watching this. My only recommendation would be to talk a bit more...maybe? Or perhaps just to slow down during important text so we can read. Other than that, this should be fun to follow. "

I love this glitch. Everyone's words are twice as readable now. 

Anyway, it's funny you should say that. I felt the need to tone my talking down. I'm usually a regular chatty-Kathy. Good to know. 

@Snapstacle: @Snapstacle: Interesting. I couldn't get multiplayer working for the life of me in BG2. It would be awesome to play these games with some people.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Ghostiet

I admire your bravery - it takes some stones to take on Baldur's Gate these days, the game aged very badly, in contrary to the sequel.

Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tonic7

I just noticed that Baldur's Gate 2 Complete has been put up on GoG. Might have to take the plunge during my winter break from university.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By owl_of_minerva

The only thing I would do these days is cheat in some boots of haste to speed up exploration. Other than that, it's a fantastic game, despite where it's aged.

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Von

There's a mod that makes you able to play BG1 with the BG2 engine, and amongst the options is to set the walking speed to much faster. Should be linked somewhere in the mod-thread at GoG.com. 

Personally I just slap the high-resolution mods on and I'm good. I like the slow pacing, taking in the sights, etc.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By trophyhunter

convince yourself

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FunExplosions
    @trophyhunter said:
    " convince yourself "
    I was actually waiting for you or Jeffsekai to comment. I figured you guys would give me the first true insults. Glad to see I know my around the community.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Von said:
    " There's a mod that makes you able to play BG1 with the BG2 engine, and amongst the options is to set the walking speed to much faster. Should be linked somewhere in the mod-thread at GoG.com.  Personally I just slap the high-resolution mods on and I'm good. I like the slow pacing, taking in the sights, etc. "
    Yeah. Baldur's Gate TuTu. I used that back before I realized GoG had the game, and the torrented copy I had ran like a turd. But I'm glad I found and purchased the real game, because - like you - I like the pacing of this game a lot, and I also for some reason like how it looks. Seems a lot more real than the second game, if that makes any sense.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By trophyhunter
    @FunExplosions said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " convince yourself "
    I was actually waiting for you or Jeffsekai to comment. I figured you guys would give me the first true insults. Glad to see I know my around the community. "
    Well you really should not need convincing.
    Did you enjoy what you played? If yes keep playing.
    If you didn't enjoy what you played, stop playing.
    Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tonic7

Good work so far. I look forward to seeing some of the party members this game has to offer, I've heard good things.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#22  Edited By ArbitraryWater  Online
    I beat Baldur's Gate like a month ago. It was actually pretty alright.  If I, Giant Bomb's other resident player of old games, can do it (albeit using Baldur's Gate TuTu)  you... probably can as well. The beginning happens to be the most boring and difficult part, by the way. Once you get past that, the game gets a lot better, although I still think BG2 is a much more polished and well designed game.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FunExplosions
    @ArbitraryWater: I read that! I'm tempted to go TuTu, if only because I love hand-to-hand classes and dual-wielding. Still, though, I'd prefer to just stick with vanilla for now. There's a certain feel to it that I really enjoy. If I ever decide to finish BG2, I'll still likely welcome a lot of the changes.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FunExplosions
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @FunExplosions said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " convince yourself "
    I was actually waiting for you or Jeffsekai to comment. I figured you guys would give me the first true insults. Glad to see I know my around the community. "
    Well you really should not need convincing. Did you enjoy what you played? If yes keep playing. If you didn't enjoy what you played, stop playing. "
    Oh, it's not like that. I take back my insult. I love the game. I love it so much. It's just that it's a hard game to play through, as you're always wanting to restart and create a new character. With this method, I'll be much more set on finishing it.
    ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ekajarmstro

If Boo hasn't gone for the eyes yet then you have to keep playing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.