Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Baldur's Gate

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 21, 1998

Bioware's first RPG, you must assemble a party of adventurers and investigate the mystery of the iron crisis and a darker threat that looms in the city of Baldur's Gate.

Party System.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Just bought the Enhanced Edition from Steam during the Midweek Madness, Can someone explain to me how the party works? There's a maximum of six including yourself, I currently have Imoen, Xzar, Montaron, Khalid and Jaheira, but I just saved Viconia and she wants to join my party. What happens to the character I kick from my party? I know I can talk to them to add them back, but where do they go and how do I know where to find them?

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If I recall correctly, they just stand around where you left them like feckless eejits. I don't know if they can be killed by beasts or not, but it's probably best to reform your party somewhere you'll frequent.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just bought the Enhanced Edition from Steam during the Midweek Madness, Can someone explain to me how the party works? There's a maximum of six including yourself, I currently have Imoen, Xzar, Montaron, Khalid and Jaheira, but I just saved Viconia and she wants to join my party. What happens to the character I kick from my party? I know I can talk to them to add them back, but where do they go and how do I know where to find them?

They will tell you where they will go. However some characters are tied. Montaron and Xzar are linked as are Khalid and Jaheria so kicking one will cause the other to leave. Also know that your actions (alignment) will limit who will stay in your party.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scampbell

I think most will stay put, though with some exception like Kivan and Shar-Teel.

A lot will leave (permanently) if you refuse them the first time though, this includes Viconia, Branwen, Yeslick and maybe Xan (I'm not certain).

Khalid and Jaheira will go to the Friendly Arms Inn if you refuse them the first time.

Of course some are pairs and will leave (and stay where you leave them) when the other one does. These are Khalid and Jaheira, Minsc and Dynaheir.

Also if you have Dynaheir in your party, Edwin will leave permanently if you kick him.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

They will remove themselves from your party and tell you where you can find them. Some characters - Khalid/Jaheira, Montaron/Xzar and I think Minsc/Dynaheir are tied together. However, there is an exploit to have, for example, both Edwin and Minsc at the same time.

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could be remembering wrong, but I think there's also a condition where they will vanish permanently if they leave while your reputation is at a value that they don't like. For example if your reputation is quite high and you kick out an evil character, they might storm off forever. Like I say, could be remembering wrong. I know there's a chance that party members will snap of their own accord if there's too much of a reputation/alignment mismatch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.