Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bastion

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 20, 2011

Bastion is a story about a Kid, his hammer, and a world gone all kinds of wrong.

I was really anticipating Bastion for pc...

• 57 results
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Contro

It's not all that, I don't understand the hype either. I don't think that art is very good, and the aural presentation doesn't really appeal to me. The combat isn't that great also, it's run of the mill stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm really enjoying it.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Tennmuerti

Combat gets better and better as you go along. It's simplistic at first but as you upgrade them and discover new weapons there are a LOT of combos/tactics to use. And you need that when using more and more difficulty idols.

I'm thinking a lot of people who are calling combat boring have either not yet played far enough and/or are not using the increased difficulty idols.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Binman88

It hasn't quite grabbed me yet, but I'm enjoying what I manage to play of it. It looks great too.

Cherubim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Cherubim

I love the game. Started New Game Plus immediately after finishing it. The combat is quite decent and it has weapons that are quite diverse in the way they handle. If you want challenge, then activate all the idols and do the challenge arenas. However, combat is not the main reason I love this game, it is the amazing artwork, music, story itself and the way it is told.

If there is one thing I want in this game, it would be more idol related achievements.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

It's a great game. And a fairly easy S-Rank, too.

Glic2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Glic2000

I must say I agree with those who found it a bit over-rated. The demo was extremely short and left me feeling indifferent, but I bought the full game when it was $5.

The graphics are pretty, but confusing. I would sometimes fall off the platforms because I couldn't tell exactly which part was the "solid" part and the enemies and their attacks seemed to often get lost in the backgrounds so I would end up taking damage and not understanding why.

The gameplay is fine, but I felt compelled to destroy every part of the scenery in the hope that it might contain more of those "fragements" to collect, and that quickly grew tiresome. I also don't understand why there's so many weapons, but no real reason to use them all. It's not like I can change weapons whenever I want to, so there's no practical way I can choose the best weapons and tactics for each situation. Instead, I would just stick to my two favorite weapons and muddle through even if they didn't seem right for the situation, since changing weapons would mean going back to the bastion and starting the level over.

I appreciate the quality of the writing though, and the music and voice work are just perfect.

I'm glad there's a demo, because it's definitely not a game for everyone, and I would certainly disagree with those who said "this is a game you simply HAVE to play!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.