Start Pre-Ordering Bastion for PC, Then Nab the Soundtrack

• 126 results
Posted by patrickklepek (2204 posts) -
The Kid won't be constrained to a single platform.

Supergiant Games is wasting no time in bringing Bastion to the PC, with the awfully rad action game leaving the confines of the Xbox 360 on August 16. You can already pre-order the game on Steam!

It will eventually appear on other digital platforms, but Bastion's coming to Steam first.

Just like Xbox Live Arcade, playing Bastion will cost you $14.99, and the Steam version also comes with Steamworks support for cloud saves, achievements and leaderboards. Oh, and it's DRM free!

If that's not enough, the game's wonderful soundtrack has gone online via Bandcamp. The digital version is available for $9.99, but starting in September, you can buy the album on a real-life disc!

#1 Posted by patrickklepek (2204 posts) -
The Kid won't be constrained to a single platform.

Supergiant Games is wasting no time in bringing Bastion to the PC, with the awfully rad action game leaving the confines of the Xbox 360 on August 16. You can already pre-order the game on Steam!

It will eventually appear on other digital platforms, but Bastion's coming to Steam first.

Just like Xbox Live Arcade, playing Bastion will cost you $14.99, and the Steam version also comes with Steamworks support for cloud saves, achievements and leaderboards. Oh, and it's DRM free!

If that's not enough, the game's wonderful soundtrack has gone online via Bandcamp. The digital version is available for $9.99, but starting in September, you can buy the album on a real-life disc!

#2 Edited by Freezer_Burn (207 posts) -

Cool, I'll probably pick this up now.

#3 Edited by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

Preordered

edit: decided to go for the soundtrack too.

#4 Posted by phthalates (3 posts) -

It's not DRM-free, though. Steam is a form of DRM unto itself.

#5 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

Oh, i read the title wrong... i thought it said if you pre-order you can nab the Soundtrack....  for free.  

#6 Posted by stalefishies (344 posts) -

"Oh, and it's DRM free!"

What? As much as I love Steam, you can't really call it anything other than a type of DRM.

#7 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

@phthalates: So is Xbox Live. Lets just say the game is free of 3rd party DRM, because I think we can all consider Steam one of the utmost secure first parties when it comes to delivering premium digital content.

#8 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

Cool this might be the first video game soundtrack I'll buy.

#9 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2161 posts) -

All this time I thought this game wont hit steam til this autumn and it comes out 2 weeks after the XBLA release, Sweet!

#10 Posted by TopCat (74 posts) -

bastion is on my library of steam games just waiting 1 week 3 days and 18 hours and the soundtrack is downloading right now

#11 Posted by spiceninja (3068 posts) -

Real-life discs suck.

#12 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@stalefishies said:
"Oh, and it's DRM free!"  What? As much as I love Steam, you can't really call it anything other than a type of DRM.
While Steam itself is a type of DRM, saying that's all it is isn't exactly being honest either.
#13 Posted by Jaloper (40 posts) -
@phthalates Pretty sure you can just grab the exe out of your steam files and do what you will.
#14 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

Even though I already bought and beat it twice on the Xbox, I kind of want to get it on PC.

#15 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

@patrickklepek: You should edit the article to say that the physical copies of the soundtrack get shipped in September. You can actually purchase the CD now (I did earlier today).

#16 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5463 posts) -
@natetodamax said:

@patrickklepek: You should edit the article to say that the physical copies of the soundtrack get shipped in September. You can actually purchase the CD now (I did earlier today).

And you get the digital copy after purchasing the CD, too! 
#17 Posted by csl316 (9413 posts) -

Bought it hours ago. So damn awesome.

#18 Posted by Ali_D (129 posts) -

I got the soundtrack CD. It means I no longer have to leave my 360 running just so I can hear the tunes.

#19 Posted by lacke (360 posts) -

I'm going to whine a little. Bastion is one of few games I might actually pre-order but there are no pre-order bonuses. Not even the 10% discount. 

I'll pick this up and the end of the month or next month, only because there is no incentive for me to pre-order and I don't have any time to play it this month. So in the end it might actually be a good thing (for me) that it doesn't have any pre-order bonus because I have little self control when it comes to really good games.

#20 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -
@PlasmaBeam44 said:
Real-life discs suck.
NOT! I put in my order for the CD version a couple of hours ago and I cannot wait! :D
#21 Posted by Sneakybadger (226 posts) -

Bought the shatter soundtrack. Now time to buy me my 2'nd soundtrack

#22 Edited by Xshinobi (404 posts) -

DRM free + Steam...does not compute! Anywho when it comes to D2D I will buy it. I hate being forced to have a 3rd party program running in order to play my games.

#23 Posted by Mumrik (1092 posts) -

"Oh, and it's DRM free!"

Such a funny claim. Come on, Steam is DRM, even if it isn't very effective.

#24 Posted by Vaancor (247 posts) -

Should be worth noting that if you buy the real disc you can select to have it autographed by Darren as well has have immedate access to the digital version of it. Honestly I wish more companies did it like this, hell I'd buy more soundtracks if that's the case.

#25 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

When I was reading about this on another site when I got up this morning I couldn't believe how soon it was coming out. Something about the way they talked during the videos made me think it wouldn't be out until next year at the earliest.

#26 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

Done.

#27 Posted by Zelnox (395 posts) -

Pre-ordered.

#28 Posted by BlueFroman (64 posts) -

sweetness, physical CD plus a digital download? im on board

#29 Posted by PerfidiousSinn (770 posts) -

Oh shit, too many people know about the CD now! I gotta buy one before they run out!

#30 Posted by xbob42 (549 posts) -
@Xshinobi: You don't have to have Steam running.  You can just play the game from the game folder.  Steam hating is like WANTING PC gaming to die.  It's great for the consumer AND the game developer.
#31 Posted by zameer (606 posts) -

Freaking amazing, pleasant surprise that this is coming to PC so soon. Already preordered my copy

#32 Posted by Kayrack (304 posts) -

preorder!

#33 Edited by Marz (5671 posts) -

I just got a free copy of the Soundtrack from SuperGiant Games on Twitter (retweet contest).   It sounds pretty awesome :)

#34 Posted by WhytePanther (107 posts) -

I was literally googling around for this soundtrack yesterday, and today it's a reality. Where's that pic of Fry saying take my money?

#35 Posted by TheChaos (1138 posts) -
@stalefishies said:
"Oh, and it's DRM free!"  What? As much as I love Steam, you can't really call it anything other than a type of DRM.
That's like saying PSN is just DRM.
#36 Posted by ElmerGlu (16 posts) -

Great soundtrack 

#37 Posted by selbie (1967 posts) -

At first I thought it meant they were giving the soundtrack as a bonus for pre-ordering. Oh well.

#38 Posted by mrcraggle (1979 posts) -

Thanks for posting this Klepek. Nabbed myself the CD and downloaded the track. Really loved the soundtrack. Even whilst playing the game I was just constantly thinking how good the music was.

#39 Posted by EgoCheck616 (782 posts) -

Pre-ordered the moment I saw it.

#40 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

The soundtrack is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goood.

#41 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

So, the money I was potentially going to use to buy Bastion went to buying the soundtrack CD instead...
Awesome!

#42 Posted by Helios1337 (324 posts) -

@laserbolts: Check out the Super Meat Boy soundtrack, amazing.

#43 Posted by ThePilgrums (433 posts) -

Sooner than I expected. Awesome. Totally buying that.

#44 Posted by Soulblitz (350 posts) -

On my second playthrough on my 360, but I hope there's a demo for PC. Want to see how it looks in 1080p, and higher graphics settings if there are any choices.

#45 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

hmmm might just wait a bit longer and get it on the PC then.

#46 Posted by Helios1337 (324 posts) -

I just realized us Canadians are getting totally fucked on the xbox live points pricing. I should have waited for the PC version and save a few bucks.

#47 Posted by Gildermershina (307 posts) -

Pre-ordered, and I'm probably going to order the CD too, because after a brief listen to the music I am pretty blown away.

#48 Posted by Baal_Sagoth (1288 posts) -

@phthalates said:

It's not DRM-free, though. Steam is a form of DRM unto itself.

@stalefishies

I was a little puzzled about that too.

But I'm gonna buy and play this via some route either way!

#49 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Bought that Soundtrack the second I saw this.

#50 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

Downloading the Soundtrack at this moment. So good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.