Get Batman: Arkham Asylum PC for $12.49 this weekend

#1 Posted by JJOR64 (18882 posts) -

I was surfing my tweets on Twitter when I found THIS tweet made by Major Nelson.  Starting tomorrow, you can pick up Batman (PC) for $12.49 from Games for Windows LIVE's client.  That is a ridiculous price for this awesome game.  Besides Batman, they are going to have some games on sale through the month of March.  Hopefully the sale is on the good games they have on the service.

#2 Posted by Forcen (1797 posts) -

Has anyone tried buying anything of that store? I already have the game, got it on the Steam sale but i am curious about this system.

#3 Edited by Neopezz (125 posts) -

It's still showing of as 49.99 for me in the GFW client.

Ah, sale starts on the 26th it looks like.

#4 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

FYI: if you already have it on 360, the achievements for this count separately which is awesome! B:AA was my first S-rank but I never thought I'd go double S-rank! I'm so buying this tomorrow!

#5 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6037 posts) -

Damn, it's a terrible time to be broke.  Between this and Gabriel Knight being released on GOG, I'm about ready to start selling my body for a little scratch. 

Which, uh, would get me about a nickel.
#6 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

Awesome!  For that price, I guess it's finally time for me to play this game.  How can I not, with it being that price?! 

#7 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

GETTING IT! Thanks duder

#8 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

WTF WTF WTF, GETTING IT.

#9 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

I know i should be excited...but im not.  I wish i knew why i don't like a lot of really popular games and instead play mount and blade and tropico 3.

#10 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

How do you buy it? it still says 49.99 in the client? Or has the sale even started yet?

#11 Edited by wosifat (188 posts) -

How does Games For Windows DRM work?  I'm thinking of getting a computer that'll run it, but I gotta wait to see what the mechanic says about my car first.  If I take advantage of the sale, can I download it again later?
EDIT:  Just got off the phone with someone from Games for Windows Live, they said it's linked to the account, and I'd be able to take advantage of the sale, and put it on the computer that can run it later.

#12 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

I'd pay double for an X360 copy, still $45 at Amazon.

#13 Posted by Chris2KLee (2328 posts) -

Just got it myself, used points and it cost 880 MSP which seems lower than it should...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.