Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Trouble with Obtaining Trophy

EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EgoCheck616

Hey guys, another hopeless fan of Arkham Asylum who is tearing out his own hair here.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to get this specific trophy/achievement I've been having trouble with?

Freeflow Perfection
    Perform a perfect combo including all of Batman’s combat moves (any play mode)

I could swear I've used every possible maneuver during several combo chains now but I can't seem to get the trophy.
    Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Hassebla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hassebla

I had trouble with this one two. Remember Evade, Cape Stun, BATCLAW and all 3 takedowns. Throw, the B+Y one (Circle, Triangle for ps3 users) and ground takedowns. 

EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EgoCheck616

Wait... Batclaw or Batarang?
    They can't possibly expect me to use batclaw during a fight. I know double-tapping R2 will quick-shoot it, but still. That's pretty messed up.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By VWGTI
    @EgoCheck616: 

What I did was break down the moves by type.

Regular
    Gadgets
    Throws

Start off with strikes/counter then evade, cape stun, batclaw, batarangs, throw (1 or 2), throw in some punches to ready another throw, throw (1 or 2 - whichever one you didn't use before) and then do the ground and pound. Do it on one of the challenge rooms that starts off with 4 enemies. It's pretty easy and you'll have it in no time!
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By KingBroly

I think the preferred combo is starting off with the Batclaw, then punching that guy.  After that, it's kind of up to you.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie
    @EgoCheck616 said:
    " Wait... Batclaw or Batarang? They can't possibly expect me to use batclaw during a fight. I know double-tapping R2 will quick-shoot it, but still. That's pretty messed up. "
    At the start strike, evade, bat claw, counter/ strike then just keep the combo going and remember to throw a batarang
    EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EgoCheck616
    @VWGTI: Good idea with the 4 enemy challenge room approach. That should definitely make it easier for me. I have to admit, reading your tactic reminded me of the old Starcraft days with all the crazy hotkey binding. Took me a minute to find my spot in the sentence hehe.

@KingBroly: You have a point with starting off with the Batclaw. That seems like a smarter approach than trying to whip the thing out in the middle of a combo.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By VWGTI
    @EgoCheck616: 

Yea, it looks confusing, but you'll get the hang of it.

Strikes
    Counter
    Evade
    Cape Stun
    Batclaw
    Batarang
    Throw 1
    Strikes
    Throw 2
    Ground n Pound
    EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EgoCheck616
    @Pie: That sounds much easier to me. Sounds like a plan, I'll have to give it a go later tonight.
    JukeboxJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By JukeboxJoe

When I did it, it was in a challenge room and I opened straight up with the Batclaw to get itout of the way
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Batclaw and Batarang moves are the wonkiest to pull off.

For the Batarang, at least, I'd suggest until you have around four enemies left to attempt it. Be sure to tap the trigger ONLY ONCE, for throwing two sets of Batarangs will immediately stop your combo. Generally speaking, the Triple-Batarang will knock down three of the assailants, allowing you to hold the right trigger (or R2, if you're rocking the PS3) and the counter button, sending Batman into a ground takedown.  

The Batclaw, in my opinion, is a tad easier to pull off fluently, but the animation is longer. Enemies not caught by the Batclaw will have an ample opportunity to land a shot on you.  

Ultimately, it takes a lot of practice. The Freeflow system feels great when you're not getting too complicated, but throwing the Gadgets into the mix makes the rhythm a little different. Just something to get used to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.