Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham City

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 18, 2011

When Gotham City's slums have been transformed into a secluded super-prison, it's up to Batman to uncover its conspiracy in the sequel to 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Proof that I May Be Playing ARKHAM CITY Too Much

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By FoxxFireArt

Here is a bit of photographic proof that I may be playing BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY a bit too much. I was just goofing around, having fun, and trying to beat my previous score on one of the Catwoman combat challenges. I'm not a leader boards chaser. I scored pretty well in the challenge, and out of curiosity I decided to check the leader boards. I think my jaw dropped when I saw I ranked 77th on the entire PSN leader boards. This is a year after the game has been out.

I love playing as Catwoman in these challenges. In the predator challenges, Catwoman can move so damn fast and no one can hear you. It feels so awesome to clear a room of three guys before the alert goes out on the first.

No Caption Provided

I was surprised to see there were no guides made on Giant Bomb for ARKHAM CITY. I think I may be interested in putting together a guide for the combat challenges. Have you ever played the challenges and not sure what you need to do to score big?

-Kristoffer Remmell (FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ FoxxFireArt

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Here is a bit of photographic proof that I may be playing BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY a bit too much. I was just goofing around, having fun, and trying to beat my previous score on one of the Catwoman combat challenges. I'm not a leader boards chaser. I scored pretty well in the challenge, and out of curiosity I decided to check the leader boards. I think my jaw dropped when I saw I ranked 77th on the entire PSN leader boards. This is a year after the game has been out.

I love playing as Catwoman in these challenges. In the predator challenges, Catwoman can move so damn fast and no one can hear you. It feels so awesome to clear a room of three guys before the alert goes out on the first.

No Caption Provided

I was surprised to see there were no guides made on Giant Bomb for ARKHAM CITY. I think I may be interested in putting together a guide for the combat challenges. Have you ever played the challenges and not sure what you need to do to score big?

-Kristoffer Remmell (FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ FoxxFireArt

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Cool. Now make it to number 1.

On an unrelated note, Arkham City was the game I was playing for the first time - 'til my computer fucked itself and I had to reinstall everything. Now I have to redownload it and every Steam game I had.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

How do you know there are no guides on Giant Bomb about combat in Arkham City? If you know a way to browse guides on this website then please tell me. You should still make that guide in any case, as you're evidently quite experienced at fighting baddies in Batman: AC.

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By herocide

@Snail said:

How do you know there are no guides on Giant Bomb about combat in Arkham City? If you know a way to browse guides on this website then please tell me. You should still make that guide in any case, as you're evidently quite experienced at fighting baddies in Batman: AC.

The fact that you're asking that question means that there's sometime wrong with guides here. Regardless, in order to find a guide on a game, you have to go to the game's page and choose Guides from the list on the left (Overview, Reviews, etc). Arkham City has no guide on GB right now.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AngelN7

@FoxxFireArt: That's pretty awesome man , specially using Catwoman I mean in the predator challenges I'd say she's harder to use than Batman or the other DLC characters because she doesn't have any usefull gadgets you have to move quickly wich gets harder on the later maps when you got guys with jamers and hostages.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Herocide said:

@Snail said:

The fact that you're asking that question means that there's sometime wrong with guides here. Regardless, in order to find a guide on a game, you have to go to the game's page and choose Guides from the list on the left (Overview, Reviews, etc). Arkham City has no guide on GB right now.

I think he was being a bit sarcastic, considering that guides are up there with trivia in the "Site features that they pooped out early on and then never bothered to support". But whereas we got some pretty cool guides early on, there was never a time when the trivia section wasn't flooded with complete garbage.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By WMWA

You really gonna let PumpUpMuscle19 beat you like that?

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt

@wmaustin55:

I actually like the 77th position, becasue I was born in 1977. It's a funny coincidence.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Hizang

Congratulations, i was on the Banjo-Kazooie leaders boards for XBLA once, but I never chase leader boards scores. I play games for fun, not to beat others.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By nightriff

Congrats, never really cared for the challenge rooms in Arkham games. The only leader boards I tried to chase were Rock Band Drums on Expert scores. majority of the songs I usually got in the top 100, very few I got top 10 but those were the easy ones where releasing star power at certain points were top 10 or 1000

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FoxxFireArt

@Nightriff:

Once you understand the mechanics, the challenge rooms can be really fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.