Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Origins

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Oct 25, 2013

Two years after beginning his crime-fighting career, Batman faces his toughest challenge ever when the crime lord known as Black Mask hires the eight deadliest assassins in the DC Universe to kill the vigilante who has been interfering in his operations.

Is anyone else's game just completely broken?

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My game must have froze/locked up about 7 or 8 times now. I just got done with Copperhead and it's damn near unplayable. Every freeze means I need to get up and turn my 360 off. It's incredibly annoying. I don't think the problem is my console as no other games are doing this. Also my disc is brand new, it went right from the box to the drive so no it's not scratched.

Am I alone? :/

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@wolfhazard: I know Ian had it crash during an autosave, which corrupted his entire game. I also heard there's a patch incoming for all platforms, though, so maybe that'll help you.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By swordmagic

@rorie: Well, I don't want a corrupt save so I guess I'm waiting on a patch then. Thanks for the heads up, at least it's a known issue.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rorie
    crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By crithon

oh boy, I had a lot of bugs, some so ridiculous it's silly, falling through floors, batman getting stuck on ledges and vents, fight with bane the keyboard and mouse just doesn't respond. It's a mess.

But you are on consoles, on PC I am tolerant to bugs and imagine they would patch it out like 3 months down the line. How long would you tolerate it for until you return the game? I'd imagine the Publisher would make it top priority to have the console versions patched out?

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By swordmagic

@rorie: Based on that article there are a lot more issues than just the freezing I experienced. It makes you wonder how some games get shipped, maybe it's just me but I expect a certain quality from Arkham games. Hopefully all the issues get sorted out sooner or later.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: Well as far as tolerating it goes, If there's a patch incoming (which from what the the article Rorie linked stated) I don't mind waiting, I have a bunch of games on the backbuner and Batman isn't at the top of my list right now. I'm not going to return it, mostly because gamestop would give me 10 dollars or 11 store credit. I don't mind waiting on out, but as of right now it's pretty unplayable for me.

It might sound silly, but I 100%d Asylum and City on my Gamertag, so I want to play Origins on it too and get all achievements. Otherwise I'd probably just go PC... maybe.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crithon

@wolfhazard: the steam discussion page is ridiculous the amount of bugs being reported. I find it fascinating the difference between console patching and PC patching. Like some bugs on PC will not be patch till 4 years down the line and it's really about a dedicated community. Like for example Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines since that developer just bombed after the release of the game. But still, this is a massive console release, and I'm not surprised a lot of bugs slipped testing. It'd be good if WB really patched up consoles faster, but then who knows.

Yeah, I finished the game, it's not on par with Asylum or City, it's more along the lines with the Spiderman annual games. It can be comfort food if you want it to be. Yeah, I 100% both games, and bought it Asylum like 3 times PS3 had the joker challenge rooms which are super geeky. You know there was a mod on PC to get that to work? Wonder if it still does after the GFW patch?

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i finished a playthrough on the 360 without getting the feared save corruption, but I did have a ton of freezes (i would estimate about 20, mostly in transitions during fast travel). i wouldn't call it "completely broken" though. i didn't notice much in the way of bugs other than the freezes, but i must admit that i seem to have very little perception of such things except in rather egregious instances.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

There was a PC patch and it seemed to fix the broken tower, but on a whole if feels way more broken now with enemies flying off into space at the end of fights and the final boss being completely busted until I restarted the game a couple of times.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game should have been delayed. It wasn't ready on 360.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played through the entire thing on PC and didn't get any bugs.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Nor was it on PS3 it seems.

Loading Video...

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Had over a dozen freezes during my play through on 360. What makes it worse is that it takes about 5 minutes to get back into the game since you can't skip all the logo crap when the game starts up.

Frumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My game must have froze/locked up about 7 or 8 times now. I just got done with Copperhead and it's damn near unplayable. Every freeze means I need to get up and turn my 360 off. It's incredibly annoying. I don't think the problem is my console as no other games are doing this. Also my disc is brand new, it went right from the box to the drive so no it's not scratched.

You dont have to get up - you can turn the 260 off with your controller with the middle button.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@spraynardtatum said:

Nor was it on PS3 it seems.

Loading Video...

OUCH! Yes, I keep reading from PS3 users over how bad it is. Wow, wow. They need to call in like some sort of swat team of coders to just get in on that.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spraynardtatum
    crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: Yup, that's my post, always felt like any second the game was going to fall apart. Always was afraid to go into any vent in fear it would get stuck.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spraynardtatum

@crithon: You were the source I cited of the information that backed up my response to you?......that just blew my mind

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spraynardtatum: Yup, I'm the big whiner, but then again I always was a batman nerd. "WHAT? There's no red hood in this Jack Nicholson Joker, that's not right".... I wish I was joking about that one

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frumpa said:

@wolfhazard said:

You dont have to get up - you can turn the 260 off with your controller with the middle button.

Not when it freezes >_>

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Hmmm, I just beat Bane and have yet to have any problems on PS3 outside of minor frameyness when transitioning from cutscene to gameplay and vice versa. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones?

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@crithon said:

@wolfhazard: the steam discussion page is ridiculous the amount of bugs being reported. I find it fascinating the difference between console patching and PC patching. Like some bugs on PC will not be patch till 4 years down the line and it's really about a dedicated community. Like for example Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines since that developer just bombed after the release of the game. But still, this is a massive console release, and I'm not surprised a lot of bugs slipped testing. It'd be good if WB really patched up consoles faster, but then who knows.

Yeah, I finished the game, it's not on par with Asylum or City, it's more along the lines with the Spiderman annual games. It can be comfort food if you want it to be. Yeah, I 100% both games, and bought it Asylum like 3 times PS3 had the joker challenge rooms which are super geeky. You know there was a mod on PC to get that to work? Wonder if it still does after the GFW patch?

This is just speculation but I bet most of the console bugs were "shippable bugs" that were known but time or budget didn't allow for fixing during development. Deadlines can be rough with management and/or talent.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By guiseppe

At first I couldn't fast-travel because that would make it freeze. Then I noticed the cutscenes were choppy. So I managed to beat the game by simply not using fast-travel. Later on, when I booted up the game, I have a corrupt save file and I have to start over. So I go ahead and do that, but now the game has set me back about 2 hours of progress, despite me having saved prior to shutting it off. I'm not touching it until it is patched. It's a shame, since behind all that crap is a good game.

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Roomrunner

Glad I read this thread. I've been roaming around the city while watching the GB extra life stream doing Enigma puzzles, because the "go to the hotel whatever because Black Mask!" marker just straight up isn't on my map. I've been trying to clear up stuff on my map hoping to find it, but it's pretty clear by now this isn't there.

Before this, the game crashed on me twice inside Penguin's ship, and after I beat the boss, none of the doors would open to let me out. I hat to reboot the game in order for freakin doors to work again. Hopefully this patch comes quickly.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By handlas

That framerate is getting worse and worse for me. It's really bad. The game started off fine tho. I'm not sure if it's the areas of the city I'm currently in or if it's just getting worse with time. Also it is starting to have issues loading in the city. It will freeze the game to load frequently now. I just got past the fight with Bane.

It's not as bad as that video posted but pretty close.

mideonagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine's broken too. I thought I bought a new Batman game but this is just Arkham City again haha

Bazzar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same here. Locks up constantly to the point where you can't use your controller to turn off you 360. I went to play the other day and my save was corrupt also. They rushed this $60 DLC to market before the PS4 and Xbox One hit and the holiday shopping season begins to cash in. This game should have been delayed just until these bugs were fixed. It is a shame too because even though there isn't much new here I still enjoy being Batman and cleaning up Gotham.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You're definitely not alone. I've had the game lock up on me several times. It hasn't made the game unplayable by any means, but is sure is annoying having restart my console every hour or so.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan
    Wheady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@yummylee: yup, had the same framerate issue on ps3. seemed to get worse near the end of the game too. really sucks when ur in combat and it chops up like that. cant do anything lol.

all in all, these seems like a pretty buggy game. another one i ran into was the ninja enemies would go to attack so the counter icon would appear and when i would try to counter, they would just stop moving and it would drop my combo.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing the digital ps3 version. Aside from some minor bugs it's been fine for the most part. Although it does annoyingly lock up momentarily if I glide around the city too fast.

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Also yeah, the frame rate in the Batcave map screen is a nightmare. No idea what his so challenging for the computer to process this relatively small map.

Egg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Egg0

Seems very broken. Froze up on me about dozen times and other minor problems. After I beat the main story, I had some side stuff left to do, but then it froze so I just gave up. Went to trade it in at Gamestop this morning for $36.

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm 4% in (on 360) and can't get any further as it crashes completely (not just a freeze, but a total failure) as I try to enter a certain location. As it's a story location, I can't avoid it and I can't progress any further.

It is simply broken.

No Caption Provided

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patch today, here's the 360 notes.

Xbox 360 Patch 2 now live (North America). Other territories expected to go live later this week.

•Fixed instances of players being unable to continue save progress from the main menu after dying or restarting at certain scenarios. Users should be able to recover save games stuck in this limbo state.

•Prevent user from entering an ‘infinite falling’ state when dying or restarting in certain scenarios. Users should be able to recover from save games stuck in this ‘infinite falling’ state.

•Fixed situation where the elevator in the GCPD Sewers could ascend without Batman.

•Properly display the Save Icon to better match the timing of when the console performs the Save action. This should help guard against users turning the console while saving.

•In rare cases, Free Flow Focus mode was not being unlocked properly when completing Shadow Vigilante Rank 3. This has now been resolved and players who have been affected should now have the upgrade as intended

•It was possible to get to a limbo state where the Black Mask Drug Stash side mission could not be completed properly if the user restarts at an awkward time during the final encounter. This has been corrected, and affected save files should no longer be in this state.

•Audio would not revert to English properly if logging out the XBox profile while using a language pack if the user then starts a new game without signing in a new profile. This is now fixed.

•Cleaned up some references to Fireteam during SP which should no longer be necessary.

•Fixed an issue where the Story Progress would suddenly jump to 90% before the morgue, allowing user to see some of the endgame synopsis before it occurs.

•User was unable to bypass the electric floor sequence when coming back to the Royal hotel a second time after a bug where the user can unintentionally skip the sequence the first time. This should no longer be possible.

sublime90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah this game is buggy for sure. im playing on the PS3 and it hasnt ever froze on me its been insanely choppy. last night i simply couldnt use any of my fast travels had to restart then they became active. just met the joker that whole cut scene was literally a cut scene, it was more choppy than jackie chan im still not sure what happened during it. also every time i fast travel i lose audio the entire time, that doesnt bother me that much but still a bug.

side note. i see the patch details you listed above and while its good there fixing it, it pisses me off a little that they shipped a game and took our hard earned $$$ that clearly still had some work left. i dont like how its become acceptable to ship games kind of no matter there state anymore because we'll just patch it later. its not fair to us.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WickedFather

Even after the update I'm stuck with no mission marker and having to look at youtube videos to find out where the fuck to go. I wish I'd never started this pile of shit but have to finish it now I've started.

I fucking HATE this game. I can't upgrade because I've got everything yet every time I want to look at the map it takes me to the fucking upgrade page.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well my game straight up broke on me. A lot of buildings now have unfocused and super muddy textures, when I come any where close to them I fall through the ground and splash in water. Tried loading it up two separate times, still fucked, this is the PS3 version by the way. Game was fine for my entire playthrough, but now that I'm just trying to get the rest of the riddler stuff, it's fucked.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, it did lock up once or twice on me as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.