Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1943

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 08, 2009

Return to the Pacific Theater in this simpler, downloadable, console-exclusive sequel to the massive World War II first-person shooter Battlefield 1942. It was later shut down on December 2023.

Screen glitches? Contrast/darkness? Talking?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By asurastrike
    @Branthog said:
    " I've had some connection problems like everyone else, but as they say "we're adding servers until the problem is resolved", so I don't mind too much. I've had some other problems, though. The complaints I've seen on here all appear to be related to connections, so I don't think I've seen this addressed anywhere yet.First, is there any way to talk? I haven't heard anyone talking. Doesn't seem to be a "talk" button. Doesn't seem to be a "talk" option. Nothing shows up indicating my voice is being broadcast.Second, the game is REALLY dark. I've changed the brightest quite high and it's still too dark to read the text -- especially in the upper left of the screen.Finally, the screen seems to glitch frequently. If you're in the AA gun or on a boat heading toward the island, the screen will just start to flash with artifacts. Black and white sheets popping up vertically or horizontally. This happens on HI-FI and HOME CINEMA both (have not tried TV yet). I'm on a 60" Sony SXRD LCD with the box connected via HDMI (it doesn't matter whether it's connected directly to the television or via the Denon 3806 A/V tuner).Aside from these three problems (and the servers dying for long stretches of time while you're playing), 1943 is surprisingly enjoyable. I did not expect it to come close to being this fun. I hope this encourages them even more to do a full out BF3. Even on console (blasphemy, I know -- but I think I could actually learn to love a true BF experience on console, now!). "
    I think I've heard some people talk, but I don't have a mic myself, so I can't say. As for the screen glitches, I had that happen my first game, but hasn't happened ever since.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.