Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield 3: PC version inevitably disappointing?

• 58 results
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Enigma777
    @yinstarrunner: Sadly I don't think Blizzard can sustain PC-only publishing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Diablo 3 eventually found it's way on consoles. A great example of this would be Valve like I mentioned before. 

Anyways, I feel like we're just going in circles here...
    yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By yinstarrunner
    @Enigma777:   I have no doubt that Diablo 3 will perform spectacularly on PC, just like Starcraft II and WoW Cataclysm.  But that's besides the point here.  I wouldn't doubt Diablo 3 going multiplat either.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @JJOR64 said:
    " I really hope BF 3 is dramatically different from games in the same genre. "
    define 'dramatically different' cuz as much as Battlefield is different, people keep linking it to motherflipping Call of Duty >_>
    Subbeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Subbeh

Im totally happy for them to put out console versions of BF3 as well but as PC gamers, being bound by the hardware restrictions of 5+year old console hardware does get pretty frustrating.
    Hopefully the can use the BF2 style map scaling to give us larger maps and hopefully bigger player counts. The devs have been saying plenty of good things about the PC version and Im really looking forward to seeing it. 
    Ideally Id love to see it back in WW2 with 1942 size maps and BF2 style squad implementation. Miss having maps the size of El Alamein, had some fantastic CTF matches on that map

I also hope its pretty far removed from Bad Company 2, dont know what it is about that game but I just dont find enjoy it at all.

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Sogeman

I can already see it: Console versions 24 player, PC 64 players. Then I'm going to cry, because I can't play a serious shooter on the PC anymore, I suck.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Sogeman said:
    " I can already see it: Console versions 24 player, PC 64 players. Then I'm going to cry, because I can't play a serious shooter on the PC anymore, I suck. "
    i thought you were gonna say you'd cry out of happiness 
    i know i will 

if BF3 is what it should be, im gonna sell my PS3 and its games and upgrade my PC
    Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Sogeman
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Sogeman said:
    " I can already see it: Console versions 24 player, PC 64 players. Then I'm going to cry, because I can't play a serious shooter on the PC anymore, I suck. "
    i thought you were gonna say you'd cry out of happiness i know i will  if BF3 is what it should be, im gonna sell my PS3 and its games and upgrade my PC "
    I'd rather not play it then play it on my PC in the chair that's not as comfortable as my bed on the smaller screen.

I just can't play on the PC for as long sessions as I played BC2 on the 360 sometimes.

They said the PC version will be different, probably in that it will be far superior but I'll be happy as long as the console version isn't complete garbage.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Sogeman said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Sogeman said:
    i thought you were gonna say you'd cry out of happiness i know i will  if BF3 is what it should be, im gonna sell my PS3 and its games and upgrade my PC "
    I'd rather not play it then play it on my PC in the chair that's not as comfortable as my bed on the smaller screen.  I just can't play on the PC for as long sessions as I played BC2 on the 360 sometimes.  They said the PC version will be different, probably in that it will be far superior but I'll be happy as long as the console version isn't complete garbage. "
    comfortable or not, the PC is the only option to live the experience the right way

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.