Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

F35 bomber mode, tutorial + video

perablenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By perablenta

Ok, I have read many forum topics about the ineffectiveness of the F35 and how it loses to the Su35 in a dogfight and all the arguments of why and how.

So I decided to practice a bit with it in a bomber configuration and present people with an alternative gameplay design for the F35.

For upgrades I use Stealth or Autoloader, Flairs or ECM Jammer, and Rocket pods. I have tired using the Guided missile but its a bad and inflexible weapon system for a gameplay fast as Battlefield's.

You need to:

1. Stop trying to dogfight with the Su35.

2. Support your team by taking out the enemy helicopter with your cannon as it is a perfect weapon for the job.

3. Use your rocket pods on slow enemy targets like APCs and Tanks to hit them and disable them. Your don't have to get a kill. A disabled tank buys your team A LOT of time and saves A LOT of lives.

4. Use rocket pods to destroy enemy cover if they are dug in so your teammates on the ground have a clean shot.

5. Use your rocket pods on exposed infantry, your will suppress them and distract them and help your team in the process.

Learn to use the F35's hover mode to steady your shots and use the afterburner to reduce your mouse sensitivity at the moment of firing. This is perfect for getting behind a helicopter and slowing down so you have enough time to blow it out of the skies.

Here is a video of this kind of gameplay:

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Kazona

Even as someone who doesn't fly anything in BF3 I can see that as very useful advice.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Deranged

@Kazona said:

Even as someone who doesn't fly anything in BF3 I can see that as very useful advice.

perablenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By perablenta

Here is a video where I make my point how good the F35 jet is when you use it the right way:

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

Interesting, but I'll stick with my Viper, it gets the job done in about a 3rd or the time.

perablenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By perablenta

Here is a video where I use a RU F35 to kill some US players. Yes a Russian F35 :)

perablenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By perablenta

Just to make my point:

No Caption Provided
    jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By jasonefmonk

The f-35 will be better after the patch, where you won't go in to hover inadvertently during a dogfight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.