Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Favorite Gun?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Right now, it's definitely the G3A3 assault rifle (unlocks in coop). Using a heavy barrel, bi-pod and a 4x ACOG. Firing in single shot mode. Heavy damage per hit and high range and accuracy. Perfectly suited for BF3's tactical pacing.

After mostly trying out different guns and unlocking the most basic customizations, I'm starting to stick with guns now. At least 'til I unlock their supersweet 'Platinum Dogtags'. Just saw a dude with an AEK dogtag. The gun edged nice and big on the dogtag and sporting a nifty counter for how many kills you've gotten with that specific gun. Always wanted something like that, to make sticking with a gun past 1000 kills worthwhile. Epic weapon-specific killcount dogtags. Awesome.

What's your favorite gun right now? How's it customized? Got a special playstyle for it? Going for platinum brag tags?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

The revolver-gun-thing you get from playing co-op!

I'm a sucker for big, heavy handguns.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Azteck

Haven't unlocked a lot of weapons yet, been rocking the SCAR-H mostly as I go pretty much purely engineer, and it's served me well. Not a lot of recoil and a decent damage all things considered. Using a bipod, ACOG and switching between Heavy Barrel and Silencer depending on the type of map. Wasn't really a fan of the G3A3 in the campaign mostly because of the recoil, but I guess burst/single shot is far better on it. I'll try it out when I unlock it.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Patman99

I unlocked the AEK-971 a few nights ago and really like it. High rate of fire, good standard iron sight, and the range isnt bad. The only thing that I dont like about it is that the recoil is a bitch and I seem to fly through a magazine pretty quickly... Generally, for all my assault rifles I add a red-dot sight, front grip, and heavy barrel. This basically matches my shock troop gamestyle; get in quick and get out even quicker. I'll either do that or an LMG with bi-pod and ACOG scope. Find a nice crossroad, and let the other team have it!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seppli

@Patman99 said:

I unlocked the AEK-971 a few nights ago and really like it. High rate of fire, good standard iron sight, and the range isnt bad. The only thing that I dont like about it is that the recoil is a bitch and I seem to fly through a magazine pretty quickly... Generally, for all my assault rifles I add a red-dot sight, front grip, and heavy barrel. This basically matches my shock troop gamestyle; get in quick and get out even quicker. I'll either do that or an LMG with bi-pod and ACOG scope. Find a nice crossroad, and let the other team have it!

Do you know the statistical upside to using ironsights? I bet there's an upside to it. I'd love to feel compelled to use them despite the tonnes of optics I'm getting.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By FrankCanada97

@Cloudenvy: I'm sure you're going to love the .44 Magnum then. "Do you feel lucky? Well, do you punk?"

I feel pretty attached to the default Assault weapons. I probably prefer the feel of the AK-74 more than the M16. I use a foregrip and will use the red-dot sight, I'll probably switch to the holographic when I unlock it.

Spooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spooks

Usually run with the AEK-971. I change my attachments fairly frequently depending on the map but generally use a red dot , foregrip and heavy barrel. I don't find the recoil on it that bad to be honest; I sometimes play engineer and I find the recoil on the SCAR-H a lot worse.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8  Edited By Giantstalker

In the beta, the M240B machine gun. It was the new Devil's Paintbrush as far as I was concerned; haven't unlocked it yet in the retail release however.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Patman99

@Seppli said:

@Patman99 said:

Do you know the statistical upside to using ironsights? I bet there's an upside to it. I'd love to feel compelled to use them despite the tonnes of optics I'm getting.

Is there an advantage to using ironsights? I just feel like more of a badass when I use them!

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SCAR-H. Favorite rifle in real life, as well (Well, I prefer the light version, but the heavy version is my second favorite rifle). It is the first game to have a SCAR that I actually love to use over all other guns in the game! I am thankful for that. Favorite pistol is the M1911 (with the tac-light), again my favorite handgun in real life. Glad it is the MEU and not the classic WW2 model they used in BC2.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spoonman671

I like my M249.  LMGs are what I find most fun in this game, and I've yet to unlock any others, so the M249 is it by default.  I love putting a completely unnecessary number of rounds down a corridor just to make people think twice about coming that way.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn

Scar H, loved it in MW2, still love it Battlefield.

@xobballox said:

SCAR-H. Favorite rifle in real life, as well (Well, I prefer the light version, but the heavy version is my second favorite rifle). It is the first game to have a SCAR that I actually love to use over all other guns in the game! I am thankful for that. Favorite pistol is the M1911 (with the tac-light), again my favorite handgun in real life. Glad it is the MEU and not the classic WW2 model they used in BC2.

I like the M1911 too, I prefer the suppressor version though, good for finishing enemies.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mikemcn: I tried using the suppressed version, but I didn't have much luck with it. The lower damage at range seems to kick in at a pretty short range, and I didn't like it because of that.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Liber

M416 is a beast.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seppli

@Patman99 said:

@Seppli said:

@Patman99 said:

Is there an advantage to using ironsights? I just feel like more of a badass when I use them!

I wonder. Would be silly to be quicker in ADS than a RDS. Might though. Dunno - didn't read the specifics about it yet anywhere, but there's numbers behind everything and everything matters. The gunplay/ballistics model is a lot more fleshed-out this time around.

Cowmeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cowmeat

A-91 with a silencer and a holographic sight.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pinworm45

M240b. I play support nearly exclusively. Holo, Bipod.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Skyrider

M416 with IRNVx1 (I think?). Solid gun, made better with IR. I know some people feel that IR is practically cheating, but my eyesight is shit and my reaction time is slow, so I don't care, haha! Don't think I'll switch off until I unlock the F2000, but I've never actually used it so I might not switch in the end.

Revixe06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Revixe06

M4A1

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Arker101

C4 MAV is pretty accurate and powerful, but the reload time is a little long.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Branthog

After 30 hours, I'm still using the default assault and engineer weapon.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By briangodsoe

M249. It's like mobile death.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Marz

m98b
    though i've been playing the campaign and the AS VAL seems pretty damn awesome but i'm not rank 45 yet.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Xeiphyer

Been using the M249 LMG with bipod, double mag size, and thermal scope. I just lay down, set up, and dump 200 rounds into whoever steps in front of my view. Its totally insane and completely dominates almost every match. 

Unfortunately I'm trying to level up other classes right now, so I have to play with a crappy SCAR right now :'(

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By SpencerTucksen

SKS WITHOUT the sights. I can not stand going up against guys close and it being so difficult to hit them with the rifle shots. It has a 21 bullet magazine and can kill in about two or three, depending on distance and their health. And long distance, I can get a kill pretty quickly.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Christoffer

@Patman99 said:

AEK-971 for me aswell. I'm just starting out so I haven't unlocked a whole lot of accessories for it. But I'm definitely doing better with it than with anything else, for now.

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By evilrazer

AKSu

will_m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By will_m

Im sticking with the M416 for now. As for you M249'ers, i hate you all.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vodun

@Arker101: Oh god that's beautiful.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gruff182

Sticking with the M4 atm play mostly as a engineer. I want that damn G3 though.. Once you have it, is it class specific? Or is it like a Rank weapon?

I want a decent one shot Rifle/Carbine, I was a big fan of the M14 (i think) from BC2. Basically an updated Garand, Not sure if thats back.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Ketchupp

Anything with a 3 round burst and IRNV scope.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ervonymous

EOD Bot! ...

I've been using the SCAR-H for a while now, it's okay I guess.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

The G36C is a bit of a beast and so is the KH2002. I have to say that the MP7 is super disappointing, it was great in the beta but they seemed to have nerfed it into the ground.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By mfpantst

I just moved up to the next weapon after the scar in the engineer tree (M16?).  Really dig the burst fire and the fire rate.

kiwi_whisker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kiwi_whisker

I really like the SCAR, but I have been playing assault mostly. I roll with the M416 with the grenade launcher attachment - Being able to disable vehicles and blow campers out of their holes makes the launcher invaluable. The 416 is a little inaccurate for my taste, but has some good stopping power - I have the 4x scope attached for medium/short range combat. Its also decent when firing from the hip when you accidentaly walk around the corner and there is a guy in your face!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Seppli

@Gruff182:

G3A3 is Assault specific. Only PDW's and shotguns are all-kit weapons this time around.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Harkat

@Arker101 said:

C4 MAV is pretty accurate and powerful, but the reload time is a little long.

Man, me and my friends used to do that with the UAVs in BC2. We'd get three assaults to lavish it with C4 and blow up tanks and objectives. INFINITE LULZ as they say.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Arker101

@Vodun: @Harkat:

Yeah, it's pretty great.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Redsox44

M249 is amazing with either grip/bipod extended mags, and with a thermal scope it's unstoppable. kinda like cheating haha but it's awesome.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DonPixel

Assault: M416 and AEK best all around A. Rifles, F2000 is Beast in close range

Support: I haven't unlock all of them yet, I'm waiting to try the M60E but so far the M249 its pretty good with Extended Mag, Grip and Holo.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SomeJerk

M416 because it beats every other weapon in the game even the G3A3 from close range to long range it will nuke down any infantry., it shoots a lethal load faster than a shotgun to the chest, wipes a squad quicker than a mortar shell, ignore everything and the other kits and use that and watch 3000-4000 points being your minimum round earnings..

..yes I'm tired of getting killed by nothing but that fucking thing, how'd ya figure?

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By IceColdGamer

Just rolling with the M16A3. Love it.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bwmcmaste

@SomeJerk said:

M416 because it beats every other weapon in the game even the G3A3 from close range to long range it will nuke down any infantry., it shoots a lethal load faster than a shotgun to the chest, wipes a squad quicker than a mortar shell, ignore everything and the other kits and use that and watch 3000-4000 points being your minimum round earnings.. ..yes I'm tired of getting killed by nothing but that fucking thing, how'd ya figure?

Really? Because you sold it remarkably well.

Assault: M4 w/ holo and bipod

Engineer: UMP45 (just unlocked)

Support: PP

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.