Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Online Pass transfer to different consoles?

mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mussbus999

So I'm home from college and picked up BF3. My 360 is still at my dorm, so im using my brothers console but with my hard drive, so my live account and data is on my hard drive but it's not my usual console. If I redeem the online pass with my account, will it not work when I bring my hard drive to a different console? Sorry if this is confusing, thanks!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By big_jon

If it's online it should.

mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mussbus999

It should as in it will work on my console in my dorm as well as my console at home? Assuming I have my hard drive/live account?

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By SlightConfuse

i believe online passes are tied to accounts and not hard drives

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CenturionCajun

Yes, as opposed to something you buy and download off of XBLA an online pass simply activates your Gamertag to play that game online. Probably similar to how buying Live time does. So, if you activate your Gamertag on your brother's console as long as you use that same Gamertag to play at your dorm you should be fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.