Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

PSA - Heads Up - Manually Download China Rising, Or Else...

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I've been looking at empty server lists for two days, tonight the first China Rising servers are populated for EU / East US - so I got a bit more inquisitive about why I can't flippin join. The Reason? Premium doesn't automatically update BF4 and install China Rising, nor does it show up in the in-game store. You have to go into the PSN Store and search for it - then download and install a 3.8 GB file to actually be able to play the China Rising maps.

The more you know.

P.S. I heard the process is similarly stupid on PC, and probably Xbox One too. So be advised, China Rising is out (for Premium players), you just need to go find it yourself. The process is super fucked, and definitely not what I expected.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yep. Had to go into the server list and tried to join a CR game, it sent me to the premium download page then had to manually select, download and install on Xbox One. Also the install stopped twice. Did manage to get some rounds in afterwards tho, more than I've been able to do of late.

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By mmzOne

I have to throw different opinion in to the mix. For me installing China Rising was straightforward and hassle free. When I tried to join a game thru battlelog, it opened Origin, downloaded and installed a patch and then CR. After that it loaded the game.

Playing on PC.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Mcfart

Enjoy beta testing it Premium members. The SUAV is pretty damn OP right now.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seppli

@mcfart said:

Enjoy beta testing it Premium members. The SUAV is pretty damn OP right now.

On PS4, Dragon Pass has a horrid Level of Detail bug, making it rather ugly to look at. The sound is still cutting out on many Conquest 64 maps. Yeah - I've been in plenty of beta tests that were more polished than BF4 is right now. Very disappointing.

There's also something with the 900p rendering resolution, that throws my TV for a loop. Unless this crazy distorted look is how it's supposed to look like. At its best, it looks like a decent shot at photorealism filmed with a shitty digital camera, at worst, it just makes me want to puke.

It's probably what DICE's art direction is. I honestly think the old gen version of BF4 made a better impression on me graphically. Of course the framerate is shit and the textures are muddy and all that, but at least my eyes weren't vomiting from all the wierd filters and contrast and what have you. Though the excessive rainbowing digital distortion shit is probably just my cheap-ass TV suffering from a coronary with 900p.

The fucked up thing is, BF4's art direction is so, that I just don't know. Is it supposed to look like that? Or is my TV on the fritz because of the 900p material? Or might it be bad TV settings? All my other games look fine on it. Killzone is particularly gorgeous. Oh well - fuck BF4.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't have premium but got the pre-order code. Should I not have access yet?

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So, this is the second EA game that was reviewed at a controlled event. I'm just not going to trust those reviews anymore more. The whole game is FUBAR.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@csl316 said:

No premium members get 2 weeks early access. If you had the code it comes out on the 17th.

I'm having issues on PS4 where its not recognizing that I have premium and can't download the expansion. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So I haven't had really any issues with Battlefield 4 on ps4 lately. I get the occasional crash but only on operation locker I think due to the choke point sometimes having about 50 people all shooting rockets and throwing grenades. To say the least I am really really like it, much more than I did with 3 so I've been considering the premuim upgrade. Is that a mistake at this point in time or are things working well enough for most of you?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:

@csl316 said:

No premium members get 2 weeks early access. If you had the code it comes out on the 17th.

I'm having issues on PS4 where its not recognizing that I have premium and can't download the expansion. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Did you download the Premium thingy? It's like 1.1MB. I bought premium for PS3, and thought it'd just automatically recognize my account on PS4, but I had to download the Premium thingy first.

China Rising isn't free in the PSN Store itself? Because I had the same issue trying to get it in-game.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the way, today's patch seems to have fixed lots of issues. Haven't tried 64 player Conquest yet, but playing Rush on the China Rising maps went without a hitch. No lags. No client crashes. Ran like a charm.

LucidDreams117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LucidDreams117

Hey, what about Second Assault? It's for Xbox first I believe, that's why it shows up in the battlefield in-game store. It was my understanding that it was release one the 22nd for premium and should have been out on the 3rd for the rest of Xbox players.

Anyone know what's up??

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: Battlefield "Art direction" is basically not having art direction at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.