Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Bad Company 2 beta may be coming this month.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FrankCanada97

From Planet Battlefield:
    Yesterday Gamestop had a page up saying that if you preorder Battlefield: Bad Company 2 you would get beta access, which would start November 17th. The page was quickly taken down and the BFBC2 twitter had this to say:

Do not pre-order #BFBC2 from anyone for a Beta code until it's confirmed by DICE on Twitter and the Blog. Even if it's #GameStop!!!!

An EA spokesperson told Blend Games more details about the beta will be coming this week.

Gamestop responded to three users on twitter stating that the BFBC2 beta is only for Playstation 3.
     MRX93

@GameStopCorp why is the Bad Company 2 deal only for PS3 owners?

GameStopCorp

@MRX93 The beta is only available on PS3

Most likely we will hear something this coming Friday, since there appears to a media embargo expiring then. Keep your eyes here for any new media and info that is released.

Alright, well, it remains to be seen whether November 19th is the launch date for Battlefield: Bad Company 2's beta as Gamestop claimed. However, the whole situation should be cleared up by Friday.

"As for the beta, we'll have more details later this week," an EA spokesperson told Blend Games. Hopefully "more details" means they'll reveal the platforms and/or launch date for the beta. If nothing else, they'll probably tell you how to earn a spot in it.

GameStop has since taken down the discount that mentioned the BFBC2 beta. Maybe they put it up early by accident? Regardless, the listing, as well as EA's statement, indicates that the game will be getting a beta after all. That's more than they were willing to admit last week.

What are your thoughts on a beta that could come to us soon?
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

There will be a beta. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope I get to be part of it.

At the very least, there will be some good footage coming out of that.

I don't think it's gonna be so soon though. Would be a nice surprise though.

On 5th of November, the EA Winter Showcase Event is being held in London. I expect some reveals, a trailer and maybe the beta announcement to come out of that.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

Now this is what I consider a pre-order incentive.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FrankCanada97

I'm looking forward to a beta as well, I really want to get my hands on the game and see how it plays out.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By ShaneDev

Where do i sign?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

I have a 360! DAMN THEM!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.