Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Rush Mode Tutorial /w Dev Commentary

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

It's simple really...

Simply beautiful objective driven online multiplayer mode. My personal favorite BF mode thus far.

Enjoy.
    TJSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TJSmash

Except it's pretty much busted by broken game mechanics.  Destroying m-coms 15sec after the game starts by using the atv with 6 c4 strapped to it = not fun.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli
    @TJSmash: 

Haven't been C4'ing crates in the demo. Did it once in a while in the PS3 Beta - but as far as I know, it takes more than 6 sticks of C4 in the lastest build of the game, according to the changelog. Also, such tactics work only on a few crates. Given the fact, that this tactic has been taken into account into the overall mapbalance I believe it's pretty awesome and legit to pull of such a thing with an 'jihaad' ATV. Gotta try it out myself in tonights playsession.

That's Battlefield for you. Everything goes. Imagine it. Do it. ???. Profit.
    TJSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TJSmash

I was referring to the PC beta. As far as I know they haven't patched anything.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By mosdl
    @TJSmash: hence the reason for the beta - so they can clean up those exploits.

Of course I just usually park a tank in front of the crate (the one in the first section that is in the open) and arm it (works usually decently)
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

Rush is an amazing game type. But oh how ill miss Oasis.
    Downandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Downandout
    @Seppli: Its 12 C4, I set up a squad with 3 of my friends earlier and did it, me as driver, and 3 shotgun assaults, strapped 12 c4 to the front of the atv, raced down to A on the first base, smashed the door in and slammed it against the crate and boom instant destruction =D
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli
    @Downandout: 

Yeah - just did a couple of rounds attacking as Assault with shotty and C4. Definitly takes more than 6 sticks of C4 on consoles. Will see how it will turn out on release. I don't mind these tactics anyways. You can't just blast away any crate on the map in that fashion. Some people don't understand that some maptiers (especially the early ones) are intended to be easy to take and hard to defend. A round shouldn't end in maptier 1, hence the exposed crates in destructible buildings.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli

Let's look at the mapbalance of Port Valdez - maptier by maptier.

1. First maptier - 1 crate in destructible building/1 crate out in the open - attackers have the high ground and tons of vehicles
    2. Second maptier - both crates in destructible buildings - even ground, chokepoint with attacker advantage due to stronger vehicles
    3. Third maptier - both crates in NON-destructible buildings - even ground, narrow chokepoint, defenders get very good assets (bradley and apache)
    4. Final maptier - both crates in NON-destructible buildings - defenders have the high ground (good snipers can more or less keep less organized enemies from ever reaching the hilltop - a good Blackhawk crew can further supress the enemy at their spawn), easy to defend the crates

The overall mapbalance is great. It's a campaign. A story. A Battlefield narrative. It's like some people believe every maptier should be evenly balanced, but that's obviously not what Rush mode is about. Rush mode is about a dynamic Battlefield. The balance of the fight changes dramatically from maptier to maptier. Look at the overall mapbalance and it's pretty spot-on. Even with such 'cheap' tactics as jihaad jeeping crates in the early maptiers (albeit some tweaking should be done to make it harder).
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrKlorox
    @TJSmash said:
    " Except it's pretty much busted by broken game mechanics.  Destroying m-coms 15sec after the game starts by using the atv with 6 c4 strapped to it = not fun. "
    The beta is not using recent code. The demo takes 12 C4, which is plenty. Especially if you've already gotten used to defending the ultra weak beta crates that take only 6.

The demo represents the final game. The beta does not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.