Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam Review

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShinjiEx

Pros +

Maps well paced designed that provide a lot of variety for tight action pack infantry based battles

Team Play is much more important for killing enemies and wining games in general given us a true aspect of what this series is about

Cleaner Iron Sights on Weapons for a clearer view on targets & the field

Less weighting & swaying for a more lighter moment across the terrains and pulling up weapons

New and revised weapons with the return of the classic AK47 that have a much more solid firing feedback

Hit boxes fixed/updated for more accurate wider shots registering were you actual point & shoot

Vehicles that set the atmosphere for the era including a golf cart! and of course your Helicopters Tanks & Boats

All competitive game modes available for maps

Classic music soundtrack based off the era

Cons -

No independent level & rank stats outside of Bad Company 2

Not standalone like the successful Battlefield 1943

No Airplanes

Without a Veteran Rank some new players to the series may find the lack of variety when it comes to weapons

No reflex dot scopes of any kind for Assault Light Sub Machine Gun Types

Sub Machine Guns are not effective as they are in Bad Company 2 falling under the rules of Battlefield 1943

Players who were not fans of Medal of Honor may not like this expansion do some very miner similarities

No Onslaught Mode or Update to include the Vietnam Maps & Weapons

Can not carry over or use Vietnam Weapons into Bad Company 2

P.S. I know it's not a golf cart but that's what I call it

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Crono

My favorite thing about the add-on, outside of all of the new content, is that the game actually plays like a shooter.  Shots register and there isn't some weird delay.  I play on the PC and while BC2 is fun, Vietnam feels a lot tighter as far as the mechanics and everything feel.  I am very happy with my purchase.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

"The reflex sight was invented by John Arne Ingemund and patented on December 7, 1973."  The US began withdrawing from South Vietnam starting in 1973...

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai
    @ShinjiEx: Reflex sights were invented in 1973. Wouldn't make much sense putting them into Vietnam. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.