Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

BF:BC 2 - PS3 Beta 19th Nov. - PC Beta Dec. & Trailer

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Beta phase will start with open beta on the PS3, starting on November 19th.

Rejoice! Join the Battlefield!

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

what! where the hells the 360 one!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli
    *DISCLAIMER* Copy 'n Paste of the full press release taken from the official Battlefield blog.

Starting 19 November 2009, PS3 gamers will be able to experience the unprecedented action, destruction, vehicular warfare, squad play and open sandbox environments that only Battlefield can deliver. 

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer beta will feature the Arica Harbour map, where up to 24 players can compete in one of the game’s four intense multiplayer modes called Rush. This new map displays a superb balance of vehicle and infantry combat, as the American assault unit attacks the Russian army base with full force, advancing further through a beautiful desert town and towards the industrial area in a desperate attempt to overtake the Arica Harbour. Heavy vehicle warfare on the first bases gradually turns into an intense infantry fight as the level progresses, showcasing this best-in-class online war experience.

Gamers can get a taste of this incredibly intense action by a numbers of ways including reserving the game with participating retailers. While supplies last.

How do I get a Beta Key?

For North America - Starting 10 November, participating GameStop locations and Gamestop.com will offer a PS3 beta keys to customers who reserve the game, while supplies last.  Beta keys will be available for both online and in-store customers. So reserve your copy now!

For Europe and Asia - Keep your eyes open for local opportunities!

More details to follow as we continue to announce additional beta key partners next week. Check back our blog for more details.

Not a PS3 Owner?

Coming December, we will invite players to participate in a PC open beta. Then, early next year , all players worldwide will get to experience this premier shooter when we releases a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer DEMO on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 5, 2010 in Europe for the Xbox 360, PS3 and the PC.

For more information, follow us on Twitter and sign up for Battlefield Newsletter

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seppli
    @Agent47CSim2 said:
    " what! where the hells the 360 one! "
    No news on that one yet. I got a PS3, but I'd rather play the 360 version. Sadly, I ain't got a good enough PC for BF:BC 2 and I will wait for Battlefield 3 to upgrade to a new rig. Both BF:BC 2 and Battlefield 3 will be optimized for DX11 and I'll wait, 'til DX11 cards are cheaper and better established. Nontheless - epic, epic news! I hope to somehow participate in the PS3 beta by preordering the 360 version. 

Who knows - a 360 beta should be in preparation too. I hope EA DICE comes forward soon with some good news for the 360 owners too.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

ooo so its not an actual beta but a gamestop exclusive first look these things are never actually betas just disguised as such to get pre orders.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

God damn gamestop, no matter how bad I want to play the game I'm not buying or preordering from them.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seppli

Ahhhh - there will be DEMO for PC and 360 this coming December!

Not a PS3 Owner?

Coming December, we will invite players to participate in a PC open beta. Then, early next year , all players worldwide will get to experience this premier shooter when we releases a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer DEMO on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By illmatic19
    @Agent47CSim2 said:

Not getting one, same goes for the PC version.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli
    @illmatic19 said:
    " @Agent47CSim2 said:

Not getting one, same goes for the PC version. "
    Well, there's the DEMO, which will be a kind of a Beta, since it begins in December and the game's not gonna be out 'til March.

I'm not gonna stress myself over the beta. The demo's soon enough, if I don't get in.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By FrankCanada97

So the Gamestop page was telling the truth.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By FrankCanada97

So the map is in Chile, I can only start to imagine why they are there.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By buzz_killington

Wow Wow We Waa!
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By big_jon

But I want it for my 360 now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.