Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Devs Clarify Limited Edition Unveil - Info, FAQ and Designer Blog

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

You Got Questions? Lookie here!

*Disclaimer* Copy 'n Paste from the official Battlefield Blog by DICE developers  (Read Original HERE)

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition Unveil 

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2Limited Edition delivers six special customizations early to give players a day one advantage in multiplayer matches. Four vehicle warfare unlocks will immediately enhance the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 best-in-class online vehicle warfare experience, delivering extra firepower, radar, and armor for the vehicles. Additionally, the tracer dart attaches to any enemy vehicle and allows RPG-toting teammates to track, lock on, and destroy their adversary. Seasoned veterans of Battlefield 1943™ will be able to immediately re-acquaint themselves with two classic and highly powerful weapons, the M1A1 submachine gun and the M1911 pistol.

The full list of six unlocks are as follows:

Four vehicle warfare unlocks

• Improved Vehicle Armor – An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
    • Supreme Vehicle Firepower – Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
    • Vehicle Motion Sensor – Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
    • Tracer Dart Pistol – This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

Two classic Battlefield 1943 weapons

• M1A1 Submachine Gun – Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
    • M1911 Pistol – Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available on March 2, 2010 in North America for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PC. The game will be available on March 5, 2010 in Europe.

* The Limited Edition will be sold while supplies last. So reserve your copy now!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition FAQ

Limited Edition FAQ

Do I have to pay extra for the Limited Edition? No, it's the same price as the Standard Edition, just limited in quantity.

Do I have to reserve / pre-order to get the Limited Edition? No, but that's the safest way to ensure you get one since there will be a limited supply.

Can I get the unlocks featured in the Limited Edition if I miss out and can only get the Standard Edition? Yes, won't have the same day 1 advantage. You'll have to play through game and get the unlocks the standard way. 

Where can I get the Limited Edition? We intend to sell it at as many retailers as possible, but it depends on where you live and how much your retailer wants to stock up. Once they're sold out, only the Standard Edition will be available.

Why don't I see the Limited Edition showing up at my favorite online retailer? It's up in some place like EA.com and will start to appear everywhere else. This is a busy time of the year and retailers are working hard to get this in place and it will be available both online and in-store.

Is the Limited Edition available on all three platforms? Yes: PC, PS3 and X360.

Will there be a Beta or Demo before the game comes out? Stay tuned to the blog or follow us on Twitter for future developments on all things Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Also, we got a great letter from Eddie J. in New Jersey and the entire team loved it.  We really appreciate it and a huge thank you from all of us on the BFBC2 team!

//GvD

The Unlimited Advantage + New Fan Kit

Each of the Bonuses we've carefully selected represents one of the cornerstones of the Battlefield experience: Teamplay, Vehicles, and Veterans.  We handpicked Specializations that enhance the abilities of Veterans and Newcomers alike.  Let's explore the gameplay possibilities in the Limited Edition of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

The Vehicle Motion Sensor reveals the position of nearby enemies, allowing you to avoid driving into hidden ambushes.  Rolling into a base in a vehicle equipped with the sensor will also report enemy positions on the minimap for nearby teammates!  The Improved Vehicle Armor specialization upgrades the protective plating on all vehicles to give your vehicle that extra edge in heavy firefights.  Additionally while many vehicle specializations only function for the driver of a vehicle, the Improved Vehicle Armor and Vehicle Motion Sensor specializations will function if they are equipped by any member of the vehicle crew.  So even if you don't enjoy flying or driving, hopping into your friend's vehicle will still grant both you and your friend extra protection.  Of course you also get to man the secondary guns to dish out your own firepower.

The Supreme Vehicle Firepower specialization greatly expands the types of targets tanks and helicopters can engage effectively.  In Main Battle Tanks like the M1A2 and the T90 the Firepower specialization upgrades the vehicle with a coaxial machine gun to improve the MBT's anti-infantry abilities.  The driver's position of the Mobile AA vehicle is also upgraded with a hull mounted machine gun to supplement the default 20mm automatic grenade launcher.  For Light Tanks like the M3A3 or the BMD3 Supreme Vehicle Firepower allows the driver to fire TOW Guided Antiarmor missiles.  Often the deciding factor in armor battles TOWs are also great for punching a hole in buildings before pumping 30mm chain gun rounds inside.  Air vehicles are not left out of the mix, the Vehicle Firepower Package upgrades the gunner's position of the AH64 and the Mi28 with the same TOW Guided AntiArmor missile.  Combined with the pilot's rockets this package can quickly eliminate enemy armor that threatens your teammates.

Featured both in the original Battlefield 1942 and it's spiritual successor Battlefield 1943 the M1911 Pistol and the M1A1 Submachine Gun are true Battlefield classics.  Though not as powerful as the Engineer's modern SMGs and Carbines the M1A1 SMG is unlockable for all 4 classes on the Battlefield.  The mobility granted by the M1A1 allows close range run and gun tactics, especially effective for members of a hard-hitting and fast-moving squad.  Battlefield Veterans will also appreciate the stopping power of the .45 caliber M1911 Pistol.  An American classic, the M1911 is still favored by special forces units around the world almost 100 years after it's inception.  Another sidearm the Tracer Dart Pistol can be equipped as a pistol, allowing all classes to aid their Engineers in destroying enemy vehicles.  When a Tracer Dart is placed on an enemy vehicle friendly RPGs can lock on and track those targets, letting your teammates engage armor safely from cover.  It’s a great aid to your team even for classes like Assault or Medic who lack antivehicle arms.

We think this combination of Weapons and Specializations will provide all types of Battlefield fans with a worthy Day One Advantage.  Whether you're a Tanker or a Pilot, a Teamplayer or a Lone Wolf, Assault, Recon, Engineer or Medic these tools will serve you well on the Battlefield of Bad Company 2.

Alan 'Demize99' Kertz

Gameplay Designer, Battlefield: Bad Company 2

*Disclaimer* Copy 'n Paste from the official Battlefield Blog by DICE developers  (Read Original HERE)
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Glad to see you can unlock em eventually

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    "Glad to see you can unlock em eventually "

But you shouldn't have to.  It's still a massive bummer.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seppli
    @Atomic_Tangerine said:

" @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:

But you shouldn't have to.  It's still a massive bummer. "
    How's it a bummer to unlock 6 of 50+ unlocks? Some people just get to unlock 6 things less than the rest, since they got some shit from the get-go. Also, it ain't more expensive than the standard edition. I don't see any downside to this limited edition. Day 1 balance isn't an issue to me. I'm still playing Bad Company every now and then and I got everything unlocked. Some people just got the game and got nothing. So unless you don't want any unlocks at all, there isn't a problem. Given a leveling system, veterans will always have a slight advantage. If there is, please elaborate.

On top of that, 4 of the 6 unlocks are specialization (aka perks), of which you can only have 2 active at any given time. As far as I know, there will 12 perks in total. You will unlock 2 perks in no time. As with any leveling game, the first levels will come quickly. The two 1943 weapons are gimmicks. Even if they are valid choices, even the starter weapons can easily compete with them. You don't unlock 'better' weapons, you unlock 'different' weapons, just like in the first game. Every weapon is deadly. Anybody with have a brain will unlock the tracer dart pistol as soon as possible, since any kit (class) can equip it.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

I hate it when developers do this.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Atomic_Tangerine said:
    " @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    But you shouldn't have to.  It's still a massive bummer. "
    Are you saying everything should be unlocked from the get-go? Where would be the drive in that? I enjoy working towards something and getting the satisfaction of earning it.
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By mracoon

Wow, you don't really see limited editions charged at the same price as standard editions very often. Also it's cool that it actually seems to be limited where as many other collector/limited/special edition are not really that rare and all you get for paying extra price is some crappy tin case.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @mracoon: As, I said in another thread: So many other companies would try to milk at least $10 out of this. Good on DICE. This is why I respect them as a developer.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli
    @natetodamax said:
    " I hate it when developers do this. "
    Do what? How do you take offense?
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By natetodamax
    @Seppli said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    Do what? How do you take offense? "
    Giving people advantages for getting a certain copy of the game.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hitchenson
    @natetodamax said:
    It's not like people are permanently penalised for not getting the LCE, I don't see any issue here at all.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By natetodamax
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    It's not like people are permanently penalised for not getting the LCE, I don't see any issue here at all. "
    They'll be giving people advantages over those that aren't able to pick up that edition of the game.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hitchenson
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Hitchenson said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    It's not like people are permanently penalised for not getting the LCE, I don't see any issue here at all. "
    They'll be giving people advantages over those that aren't able to pick up that edition of the game. "
    Eh, for a very limited period of time. And people who play the game for X longer than someone who doesn't will always have some 'advantage'. So the issue will always be there? 
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @natetodamax said:

" @Hitchenson said:

" @natetodamax said:
    They'll be giving people advantages over those that aren't able to pick up that edition of the game. "
    Won't be that much of an advantage if some people fail to utilize it properly. The support class' mortar strike from the first game comes to mind.
    cooger10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cooger10
    @Seppli: honestly not a lot of people even used the tracer dart in the first one. It's definitely not a game changer.
    Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Okay, let me clarify this guys! 

What I want is everybody to have the best possible game.  If you make 2 versions of a game, one will have to be worse.  That's just how it is.  If the game would  be better served by having players start with all of these things, everybody should have them.  If the game would be better served by not having those options, then eveybody should have to unlock them.  I want one version of the game, and I want to know that everybody I am playing against has that version.  I would hate to win knowing it was because of the version of the game I got, and I would hate to lose to a guy who had advantages I didn't because I didn't pre-order or something.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Seppli
    @cooger10 said:

" @Seppli: honestly not a lot of people even used the tracer dart in the first one. It's definitely not a game changer. "

• Every kit can equip it as a sidearm (instead of a pistol) - it's the only anti-vehicle option for the assault and medic kits.
    • It will be rebalanced - the trailers make it seem, like the dart has a higher velocity and less bullet drop - tagging flying choppers was almost impossible in the first game. It looks like it's gonna be very feasible in BF:BC 2.
    • Engineers can equip it too.

I'm under the impression, that DICE will make the tracer dart gun a lot more attractive this time around. Easier to handle (that's an educated guess). Available to all kits (that's a fact). Alone the fact, that the engineer (the guy with rocketlauncher, who profits the most from all the tagging) can equip it, make's it quite a gamechanger.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seppli
    @Seppli said:

" @cooger10 said:

" @Seppli: honestly not a lot of people even used the tracer dart in the first one. It's definitely not a game changer. "

• Every kit can equip it as a sidearm (instead of a pistol) - it's the only anti-vehicle option for the assault and medic kits.
    • It will be rebalanced - the trailers make it seem, like the dart has a higher velocity and less bullet drop - tagging flying choppers was almost impossible in the first game. It looks like it's gonna be very feasible in BF:BC 2.
    • Engineers can equip it too.
      I'm under the impression, that DICE will make the tracer dart gun a lot more attractive this time around. Easier to handle (that's an educated guess). Available to all kits (that's a fact). Alone the fact, that the engineer (the guy with rocketlauncher, who profits the most from all the tagging) can equip it, make's it quite a gamechanger. "
    Also, tracer dart tagging will be most important, given the fact, that the recently revealed vehicle-centric specializations (perks) are very powerful. 

Especially...

• Supreme Vehicle Firepower – Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy. (aka coax machinegun for MBT drivers)
    • Vehicle Motion Sensor – Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle. (motion sensors are wicked!)

...make me tremble in my boots!
    cooger10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cooger10
    @Seppli: i really hope they make it so more people use it. It was such an awesome idea and can be extremely helpful, not only for guiding the rockets to the tank but for putting it on the map for people to see. I know that the Vehicle Motion Sensor was in the first one and everyone in a tank had one so i'm not too worried about that. What i am worried about is  the perc that increases the tanks resistance to rockets and such

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.