Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Helis and tanks........ how are they now?

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MrSnow

Helis and tanks........ how are they now?     

When the tracer got (opposite of nerfed) the tracer became savage. It was then that people were all like yes the Heli problem is gone`!

I cant remember if they countered the tank hoard............but they didn't need to. people should just use AT mines. 

So since that patch how is the game now. Is there a lack of Choppers now? or what.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Choppers are still a threat in the hands of an experienced pilot. As they should be.
    But average or new players will quickly get shot down.
    This actually lead to a bit of auto balancing of a sort, as choppers got shut down fast, many newbs stopped going for them, so now more experienced players get to use the choppers more frequently.
    So in effect it is pretty balanced at the moment imho.

Tracer dart change didn't really affect tanks as it was never hard to hit them anyway.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon

Tracer darts don`t do much to a good tanker.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jayross

Tanks are balanced, and arguably, underpowered.

TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TiE23

I'd love to see attack helicopters taken out of the game. When you've got the one crazy good guy on your team, it's no contest, you waltzing through enemies. If the guy is on the other side, it's not even fair. Nearly impossible to counteract those kinds of players.

zeefoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By zeefoes
    @TiE23 said:
    " I'd love to see attack helicopters taken out of the game. When you've got the one crazy good guy on your team, it's no contest, you waltzing through enemies. If the guy is on the other side, it's not even fair. Nearly impossible to counteract those kinds of players. "
    It very much depends on the team. If your players know what to do they will work to deal with the immediate helicopter threat instead of continuing to do what they were doing before, which just results in them getting raped. I play on consoles with no mic and I either experience a natural coordinated flow between the players, in which case we fare well against choppers, and a selfish MW2 style play in which we all get gunned down because everyone one wants to do their thing instead of what's best for the team.
    TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TiE23
    @zeefoes:  The main thing that pisses me off around attack helicopters is that I'm usually the only person who makes for a strong opposition against these fools. Three out of five times I'm the one who shoots down these terrible annoyances. So, while I'd be best on the front line with an AN-94, capping flags and arming crates, I'm instead stuck at spawn trying to shoot down the fucker with a CarlGustav. And in the case where I manage to make a shot, they may just drive off to repair, out of the battle for 40 seconds or so. Or, on the other time that I do shoot them down and get them killed. They're back in the sky 60 seconds later, doing the same shit all over again. It ruins the game. 

But, on the other hand, Blackhawks are fun to drive, ride, and shoot down. So I have no problems with that. The Hind is annoying most of the time, though. So meh, at least it's only on one map.
    zeefoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeefoes
    @TiE23: Ah ok I know what you mean.
    TiE23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TiE23
    @zeefoes:  Yeah, helicopters are messed up. 

Because one day a bit ago I decided to go "fuck it, I'll play along". So I became the gunner to a pretty good pilot on Atacama Desert and decided to see how it went...

• Match one: I think I was shot down twice, ended up killing probably 20+ people and downing 2 or 3 helicopters.
    • Match two: We had them so overwhelmed that at the end of the match nearly half of the other team left (they were full when we started). They never captured a flag or even really left their base.  I ended the match with somewhere around 3500 points, and, I shit you not... the highest scorer on the other team was under 200 points. ... Seriously.

Just by being an pretty good player in this game... is it fair that I can kill everyone on the other team over and over without breaking a sweat, while they cannot do anything to stop me?

How they could fix it without removing them entirely:
    1. Make the gunner less powerful against ground troops.
    2. On Atacama desert make it impossible to fly the enemy helicopter, even if it's abandoned.
    3. On Atacama make it a No Fly Zone over the enemy bases.
    Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Valco

In my experience, if you role up a tank to the front line you are instantly nailed by rockets like a swarm of bees

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.