Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Just feel unfinished.

L4Dplaya19103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By L4Dplaya19103

I realize that no game that no game is perfect upon release, but for some reason i just feel like the two bad company games were half asked as far as the stats pages. I love this game and i realize that these issues take nothing away from the actual game play. 

for those of you who played the first battlefield bad company, at least on the 360, know that  the biggest mess up in the game was simply the ranking symbols. That's right, somehow when the game went out the symbol that was with your rank were all mixed up. If you went online it was always something different than what you had in the game. Now with Bad Company 2 the issue for me is the weapon unlocks. When i first put the disk in the console, i somehow had already unlocked the defibrillator and the medikit for the Medic, as well as the ammo box for the assault class. Now as i level up I'm still unlocking things that i somehow unlocked 3 or 4 ranks ago. also the bar that slides after each match that shows how much  much experience you got, when ever it reaches the end and makes that chi-ching noise, it just continuously makes that noise until i turn to another page. 

Again, i love this game and these are only minor annoyances that i have with it. I also did no research before posting this forum, so please, if the early unlocks were on purpose for some reason, than tell me. I just feel like some of these things take some of the fun away, like looking forward to unlocking something that's already unlocked.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Donos

I assume you bought the game at Gamestop, in which case the early unlocks were the usual "Buy at Gamestop and support evil" reward.  That said, I felt the same way about the unlocks, and would have been just as happy not having them. Maybe given me an option of +$30 agent honour for turning down free unlocks? It's not something I expect from games yet, but it would be nice if someone thought of it...

As for the xp sound playing when the unlock bar fills up.... yeah that bugs me. It seems like a simple bug anyone could have noticed and fixed.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By xMP44x
    @L4Dplaya19103 said:
    When i first put the disk in the console, i somehow had already unlocked the defibrillator and the medikit for the Medic, as well as the ammo box for the assault class. Now as i level up I'm still unlocking things that i somehow unlocked 3 or 4 ranks ago. also the bar that slides after each match that shows how much  much experience you got, when ever it reaches the end and makes that chi-ching noise, it just continuously makes that noise until i turn to another page.   Again, i love this game and these are only minor annoyances that i have with it. I also did no research before posting this forum, so please, if the early unlocks were on purpose for some reason, than tell me. I just feel like some of these things take some of the fun away, like looking forward to unlocking something that's already unlocked.

If you are a Battlefield Veteran, you automatically get the essentials for all the classes: Defibrillator, Ammo Box, RPG-7, and the C4. When I booted the game up I got the same thing, so it's not a glitch or whatever. The 'ching' noise is a glitch that doesn't seem to have been patched since it popped up in the most recent patch for the game. It stops nce you max out all the classes - consider that as an incentive, if you wish. It does pop up that you have unlocked the new item even if you already have it, but the game itself doesn't really know you have it, if you udnerstand. It knows you have the item, but it doesn't know you've unlocked it. I know that it makes no sense but if you squint into my idea you might see some sense in it all ;)
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Donos
    @xMP44x:  Those were veteran unlocks? Blarg.
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xMP44x
    @Donos said:
    " @xMP44x:  Those were veteran unlocks? Blarg. "
    I think they were given to Veterans immediately. I know I got them as soon as I put the game in, and I was Veteran Level 1.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By infininja
    @xMP44x said:
     If you are a Battlefield Veteran, you automatically get the essentials for all the classes: Defibrillator, Health Kit, Ammo Box, Repair Tool, and Motion Mines.  "
    Fixed.
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xMP44x
    @Infininja said:
    " @xMP44x said:
     If you are a Battlefield Veteran, you automatically get the essentials for all the classes: Defibrillator, Health Kit, Ammo Box, Repair Tool, and Motion Mines.  "
    Fixed. "
    Thanks for that :D
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @L4Dplaya19103 said:
    " I realize that no game that no game is perfect upon release, but for some reason i just feel like the two bad company games were half asked as far as the stats pages. I love this game and i realize that these issues take nothing away from the actual game play.   for those of you who played the first battlefield bad company, at least on the 360, know that  the biggest mess up in the game was simply the ranking symbols. That's right, somehow when the game went out the symbol that was with your rank were all mixed up. If you went online it was always something different than what you had in the game. Now with Bad Company 2 the issue for me is the weapon unlocks. When i first put the disk in the console, i somehow had already unlocked the defibrillator and the medikit for the Medic, as well as the ammo box for the assault class. Now as i level up I'm still unlocking things that i somehow unlocked 3 or 4 ranks ago. also the bar that slides after each match that shows how much  much experience you got, when ever it reaches the end and makes that chi-ching noise, it just continuously makes that noise until i turn to another page.   Again, i love this game and these are only minor annoyances that i have with it. I also did no research before posting this forum, so please, if the early unlocks were on purpose for some reason, than tell me. I just feel like some of these things take some of the fun away, like looking forward to unlocking something that's already unlocked. "
    Lol like said above its because you played other battlefield games. You where rewarded. As for the sound thing. Never heard about that bug...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.