Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

New Conquest Mode Map Revealed and New Gameplay Video

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FrankCanada97

Taken straight from the Official Battlefield Blog:

"Panama Canal features a tight battle with abandoned industrial buildings, vehicles, large ships, and piles of debris everywhere with billowing smoke off in the distance as the surround forest rages of fire while the surrounding city is bombarded by enemy ballistics. The map has a four-flag setup, with two flags being more focused on vehicle warfare with IFVs and MBTs. The center flags are infantry focused and the team in control of either centre flag will get access to an attack helicopter or an AA vehicle, respectively.

Check out this gameplay preview and see both American and Russian forces fight for control of tactical points in the classic Battlefield "Conquest" Mode."

Anyways, from the looks of it I think that this map seems interesting. A section more vehicle focused and one that is infantry focused. I still hope they show more of the singleplayer though.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

The video plays now! Hurray! Conquest madness extraordinaire.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FrankCanada97

Yeah, video is now playable, showing off more conquest mode goodness.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1

oh man, this looks pretty chaotic (in a good way) 

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Seppli

Here's the gametrailers link. Youtube was kinda slow for me.
    Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

Awesome. Wonder if this'll make me switch from MW2. Frankly I hope it does... The lag in PC matches is terrible...

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Suicidal_SNiper: Well, Bad Company 2 does have (*looks around and whispers*) dedicated servers, which usually means little to no lag. I have no doubt that DICE won't skimping out on the PC version, the Battlefield series was born on the PC and DICE are PC game developers first.
    Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
    @FrankCanada97:  Lol, I find it funny that they're using it as one of their main selling points ATM for the PC version. But hell, if it's any good I'll definitely be switching.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Suicidal_SNiper said:

" @FrankCanada97:  Lol, I find it funny that they're using it as one of their main selling points ATM for the PC version. But hell, if it's any good I'll definitely be switching. "

There are going to be PC-only features, they posted an incomplete list of what the PC version has to offer. I'll post it here for you:

Here is a recap of the current PC features, and we can now confirm DX11 support with more details to come later!

PC Enhanced Features
    • Up to 32 Players on PC (24 on consoles) - Play with up to 32 players online in the biggestmultiplayer Maps in Battlefield. Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus set across a variety of environments.
    • Full DirectX 9, 10 & 11 Support - Immerse yourself in the Battlefield world as Frostbite engine brings tanks, helicopters and explosions to vivid life on your PC. The game will fully support Windows XP, Vista, and 7 with new tech that further improves things like lighting and shadows.
    • Enhanced Gameplay- The PC version also includes wide peripheral support like Joysticks for flying, NVIDIA 3D Vision, Logitech LCD Keyboards and VoIP Support plus a variety of specific features tailored for PC play.
    • Friend Support - Find your friends online with the new buddy list to see if and who is online so you can quickly join their game.
    • Dedicated Ranked Server - Everyone gets non-stop action with no connection penalties based on some other player's internet. Ranked Server Provider program will give players opportunity to rent their own server(s) located in professional grade datacenters, ability to modify settings like map rotation, create reserved slots for friends or clan members, kick & Ban players, and custom name your ranked server.
    • Clan Support & Private Servers - Independent Clan Tag, and ability to rent servers for hosting and controlling private password protected competitive servers with expanded control over the settings from public ranked servers.
    • PC Squad Play System - Updated from previous Battlefield PC titles now gives control of your squad before heading into combat.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TwoOneFive

everytime i see this game (including the first one) i think damn, this looks way better than modern warfare's. but then i play it and it gets old. the controls are just not tight enough. hopefully they are in this game but i dunno. i'm really hoping the new medal of honor is good though. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

This looks pretty damn awesome.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By big_jon

Looks better than Arica harbour.
    SocietySays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SocietySays

Yep. That's a battlefield map alright.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrKlorox

I'm more excited than ever to try the ATVs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.