No Parachute?

#1 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -

Quick question, when you play as attackers and have to parachute down at the beginning, sometimes I start in Mid-Air without a parachute and  end up free-falling to my death. Anyone know why this happens/how to fix it? Thanks.

#2 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Mash the A button/Spacebar if it happens. I get it sometimes too, but you can usually save yourself.

#3 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" Mash the A button/Spacebar if it happens. I get it sometimes too, but you can usually save yourself. "
Thank you , I'll try that next time it happens.
#4 Posted by big_jon (5730 posts) -
@SilentCommando:

Hold it down
#5 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -
@big_jon: I always tap it, never tried holding it down.

And I actually like it when I get spawned with no Parachute, because it allows me to reach the ground faster, drifting down in your chute is boring..
#6 Posted by Power_and_Glory (65 posts) -

What I like to do is to wait the extra second for a squad member to hit the ground then I spawn on them.

#7 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -
@Jayross: 
It's nice, but if you spawn too high, you end up killing yourself :(
#8 Posted by Delta4 (15 posts) -
@Jayross said:
" @big_jon: I always tap it, never tried holding it down.

And I actually like it when I get spawned with no Parachute, because it allows me to reach the ground faster, drifting down in your chute is boring.. "
Not to mention you get first pick of all the vehicles that are there. Obviously that is only  when it's the start of the match. 

You can also deploy your chute when jumping of tallish buildings or have some sort of a fall off a cliff or something by mashing X/A/SpaceBar. That way you can jump off tall buildings quickly if needed and safely land without taking any damage.
#9 Posted by darkgoth678 (295 posts) -

never happened to me 

but what I dont understand is how to use chute when actually in the match, do you jump and hold spacebar and it will come up? or do you jump, let go of spacebar and then press and hold again? not really sure.

#10 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

whenever that happens, i always use the parachute at the last second before hitting the ground, i dont care about the vehicles but its an awesome fall

#11 Posted by Adziboy (702 posts) -

To use a parachute in game just keep tapping jump button.
#12 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I hate that you can't cut your chute then re-open it like in older BFs.

#13 Posted by Bindings1 (90 posts) -

Yeah 1 in every 30 seems to spawn me wit no chute. It's kinda funny and I laugh

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.