Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Squad Rush Mode - Reveal Trailer - Early Release by Gamestop

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Seppli

So - a youtube link is up. But it isn't HD - since it seems that Gamestop jumped the gun with that trailer and it remains the only source at the time. At least it's fullscreen. Enjoy!

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SammydesinasNL

So it's a small team mode of the normal rush mode? I'm preordering anyway.
    Downandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Downandout

Looks like it could be fun for a bit, I think i'll stick to the larger games though, but damn that map looked awesome though!

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97

I like a good infantry focused map.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli

It's an infantry only mode designed to cater to the 'professional' competitive e-sports crowd. The big-ass modes hinder e-sports, because of impossible teamsize.

Looks like a kick-ass replacement for Counterstrike to me. If I'd be a CS player I would wet my panties over this. Will certainly be fun for clan wars and duking it out with friends list only. It's pretty easy to get a private room going, when you only need 8 guys for a full room.

flemXrevengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By flemXrevengez
    Battlefield bad company 2 > modern warfare 2. Cant wait for this game.
    Downandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Downandout
    @flemXrevengez said:
    " Battlefield bad company 2 > modern warfare 2. Cant wait for this game. "
    Why must you compare them both, they're both completely different styles of fps's
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seppli
    @Downandout said:

" @flemXrevengez said:

Why must you compare them both, they're both completely different styles of fps's "

Not really. Squad Deathmatch and Squad Rush are a lot closer to Modern Warfare 2's style and pacing. Only that BF:BC 2 also has the classic 'big-ass' modes aka Conquest and Rush.

But since I've not played neither CoD4 nor MW2 - I'm obviously talking out of my fanboy ass ;D... so take it with a grain of salt.
    flemXrevengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By flemXrevengez
    @Downandout:  Sorry, I'm just sick of constantly hearing about modern warfare 2. Thats all i see being played on my friends list, and MW2's not a bad game, but its not THAT great either. Also Im tired of hearing people say "Modern warfare 2 will pwn this" or something like that.
    Downandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Downandout
    @flemXrevengez: really? i've been hearing a lot of praise about bad company 2 even from mw2 "hardcore" players x]
    flemXrevengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By flemXrevengez
    @Seppli said:
    " @Downandout said:

" @flemXrevengez said:

Why must you compare them both, they're both completely different styles of fps's "
     Not really. Squad Deathmatch and Squad Rush are a lot closer to Modern Warfare 2's style and pacing. Only that BF:BC 2 also has the classic 'big-ass' modes aka Conquest and Rush.  But since I've not played neither CoD4 nor MW2 - I'm obviously talking out of my fanboy ass ;D... so take it with a grain of salt. "
    Cod is a bit of an arcade shooter, customizable in one way or the other.

Battlefield is...well....a battlefield. Big wide maps, tanks, amazing sound effects, 24 players.....ahhhh love it.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Seppli
    @flemXrevengez said:
    " @Seppli said:
    " @Downandout said:

" @flemXrevengez said:

Not really. Squad Deathmatch and Squad Rush are a lot closer to Modern Warfare 2's style and pacing. Only that BF:BC 2 also has the classic 'big-ass' modes aka Conquest and Rush.  But since I've not played neither CoD4 nor MW2 - I'm obviously talking out of my fanboy ass ;D... so take it with a grain of salt. "
    Cod is a bit of an arcade shooter, customizable in one way or the other.   Battlefield is...well....a battlefield. Big wide maps, tanks, amazing sound effects, 24 players.....ahhhh love it. "

Battlefield was that before BF:BC 2. Squad Rush and Squad Deathmatch ADD small scale, fast paced, infantry focused modes to the classic Battlefield franchise modes like Conquest and Rush.

So we will get 4 modes (conquest, rush, squad deathmatch and squadrush) in 2 settings (vanilla and realism)

Conquest = Classic Sandbox Capture Point Gameplay - lots vehicles all the time (24 players on console / 32 on PC)
    Rush = Objective-driven Gameplay on Multi-tiered Maps Adding Map-Progression to the mix - ranging from lots of vehicles to infantry only depending on maptier (24 players on consoles / 32 on PC)
    Squad Deathmatch = 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs 4 Team-Deathmatch - one single vehicle in the center of the map. (essentially 4 vs 12 player on all platforms - 16 players total)
    Squad Rush = 4 vs 4 Objective Driven Gameplay (like Battlefield's take on Counter Strike - 8 players total)

4 distinct modes, 4 distinct feels, 4 distinct scales, 4 unique modes - 2 very distinct settings.

There will be at least 8 HUGE maps, every mode will feature a own layover and distinct lighting to each map - resulting in a veritable metric TON of maps. Maptier 2 (the village section) many of you know from the PS3 Beta on the Arica Harbor map will be Squad Deathmatch map for Arica Harbor. Awesome!

There are rumors floating around about more actual maps than the announced 8. That's A LOT of content!
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Jayross

I have heard that a Gamestop exclusive pre-order deal will lock the Squad Rush mode for 30 days, unless you pre-ordered from Gamestop.

This is why i hate gamestop, and will not support them.

I can wait 30 days, I can play the campaign on normal, then do it on the hardest difficulty, then play some Gold Rush. And more gold rush, and more gold rush, and more gold rush, then maybe some conquest.

I'll try the squad DM I guess. 

This doesn't look that much fun compared to the other modes to be honest, but it should be fun to do with my clan or friends.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seppli

Luckily - Gamestop is doomed, if it isn't successful in shifting into the age of digital distribution. I wouldn't mind it being gone. Gamestop is leeching money from the publishers and developers with their second hand business. I am not a big fan of traders, especially gigantic ones sucking away revenues from the productive branch of the industry.

I don't think it's a smart move for EA/DICE, but who knows how such a deal with Gamestop - or the lack thereof actually impacts sales revenue. Didn't like it for Army of Two. Don't like it for BF:BC 2. Especially since Gamestop ain't shit in my country (more or less non-existent in fact), which cuts me off said preorder shennanigans.

Mildly annoyed by this move - but hell. I played one map/one mode for 180h and didn't have enough. No problem with that shit other than a growing resentment for Gamestop and the industries need to suck it up.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrKlorox

I wish the new mode ended up being like Assault mode from BF2142. Basically Conquest mode with two locked bases and three neutral capture points which unlock the enemy's home base for capturing once your team holds all of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.