Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

The Battlefield experience is back

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By angelkanarias

I checked out the Battlefield moments video at the PS Store, and they totally sold the idea to me. When I watched this video it made me remember the good old Battlefield 2. In the videos they have launched we can see the transportation helicopter back, the reviving system back and the various class types (Assault with med packs, snipers with C4, support with ammo...) back. All of this things and the effort they are showing for the real online experience got me excited. After the forgotten multiplayer on BF Bad Company 1 and the simplified class types and few units on 1943, DICE is situated for making a good looking multiplayer game for consoles. I think they just needed some time to place themselves on the console market and now they look ready to kick veteran battlefield player asses.
    angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By angelkanarias

I checked out the Battlefield moments video at the PS Store, and they totally sold the idea to me. When I watched this video it made me remember the good old Battlefield 2. In the videos they have launched we can see the transportation helicopter back, the reviving system back and the various class types (Assault with med packs, snipers with C4, support with ammo...) back. All of this things and the effort they are showing for the real online experience got me excited. After the forgotten multiplayer on BF Bad Company 1 and the simplified class types and few units on 1943, DICE is situated for making a good looking multiplayer game for consoles. I think they just needed some time to place themselves on the console market and now they look ready to kick veteran battlefield player asses.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Transportation helicopter sounds good, how many can it transport would you say?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

i can't wait for this game. i used to play BF2 Modern Combat on PS2 online and i played a bit of Battlefield 1942. Bad Company was awesome but this looks like the real deal. i might go ahead and pre order this one 

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By angelkanarias
    @Pie said: 

" Transportation helicopter sounds good, how many can it transport would you say? "

Yeah, it sounds good. I can predict how I'm going to be fooling around with it as soon as the game releases. I'd say it has around 6 seats, more or less like the battlefield 2 heli.     @AjayRaz said:
    " i can't wait for this game. i used to play BF2 Modern Combat on PS2 online and i played a bit of Battlefield 1942. Bad Company was awesome but this looks like the real deal. i might go ahead and pre order this one  "
    yeah, bad company was cool on the single player side of it. I enjoyed the idea of single player quite much, but the online wasn't that sharp.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Seppli

Check out the latest gameplay montage of the arica map, which will be featured in the PS3 Beta later this month. Now that's fucking epic!

btw. check the forums to get a Beta Code. BestBuy is giving them out no pre-order required. Lasts as long as they've got codes to give out.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By beargirl1
    @Seppli said:
    " Check out the latest gameplay montage of the arica map, which will be featured in the PS3 Beta later this month. Now that's fucking epic!

wow, that looks epic. i should really pre order it, then i could get my hands on the beta too :D 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!  We've seen very little footage, and so far, I've seen nothing about independent squad setups, commander options, and many of the other features that made the PC BF franchise what it was.  That doesn't mean this game is going to be less goddamn amazing, though!  However, I'm not going to go saying "the Battlefield experience is back". 

Personally, though...as much as I hate it when companies revamp old maps for games...they REALLY need to put Strike at Karkand out for this...but I understand why they won't.  No one will play any other maps!  lol

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By angelkanarias
    @Seppli said:
    " Check out the latest gameplay montage of the arica map, which will be featured in the PS3 Beta later this month. Now that's fucking epic!

btw. check the forums to get a Beta Code. BestBuy is giving them out no pre-order required. Lasts as long as they've got codes to give out. "
    amazing video, that is awesome. and about the beta-code, it doesn't seem to work, I guess it's because I'm using an american account on Europe.@jakob187 said:
    " WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!  We've seen very little footage, and so far, I've seen nothing about independent squad setups, commander options, and many of the other features that made the PC BF franchise what it was. "
    I don't think they'll manage so much in consoles, at least for the moment, but they are progressing.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seppli
    @angelkanarias said:

" @Seppli said:

btw. check the forums to get a Beta Code. BestBuy is giving them out no pre-order required. Lasts as long as they've got codes to give out. "
    amazing video, that is awesome. and about the beta-code, it doesn't seem to work, I guess it's because I'm using an american account on Europe. @jakob187 said:

" WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!  We've seen very little footage, and so far, I've seen nothing about independent squad setups, commander options, and many of the other features that made the PC BF franchise what it was. "

I don't think they'll manage so much in consoles, at least for the moment, but they are progressing. "
    The code isn't working yet, because the file isn't uploaded yet. Try at a later date. It should work fine - at least if the best buy code is legit. I sure hope so...
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By mikemcn

Why would you want to kick veteran battlefield player asses?
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Seppli
    @Mikemcn said:

" Why would you want to kick veteran battlefield player asses? "

The real question is...

...can you kick a veteran battlefield player's ass?
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By mikemcn
    @Seppli said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    The real question is...

...can you kick a veteran battlefield players ass? "

I haven't met many, last time i played Battlefield online was about a year ago. Im guessing i can if i have the element of surprise.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By End_Boss
    @Seppli said:
    " @Mikemcn said:

The real question is...

...can you kick a veteran battlefield player's ass? "
    Boom.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.