Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

what annoys you about this game?

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ben99

the multiplayer is kind of quiet , monotonous and slow paced .at times it made me feel detached especially when I can't respown in a closer point from where the action is . 
    Why the scoreboard is not announced after each battle? the devolopers were like "oh just hold that button and it'll show up , no one has to see it ".
    other games have way surpassed this game when it comes to intensity , hearpounding action in multiplayer . I don't know it just feels weird.
    that said , the game is good but not great .

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

The scoreboard does show after the match, try using the LB and RB buttons to cycle the screens.
    The game is not slow paced if you have a squad that is actively attacking ( meaning 4 attackers, not 4 snipers that camp like little dicks )

For me the game is nonstop action and a rush. Then again I play with 2 friends ( whom are mostly medic ) so if we die it's a quick revive and we're back into action.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Ben99: Are you sure you posted in the right game board?
    Just reading that feels like I'm playing a completely different game :P
    There are constant sounds in multilayer battles, shit exploding, shots flying over your head, people shouting out for healing or where they see enemies, etc...
    It is only as monotonous as you want it to be, sure it can be boring if you just sit on some hill and snipe people over and over, but otherwise theres is a lagre array of tactics and options you can employ, I'm  rank 28 but still finding new ways to help the team or get to objectives or little tricks.
    There is a scoreboard after each battle, you just need to tab to it. You can see it any time you want to either during or after the battle :/
    When walls are blowing up in front of your face when guarding or racing to an objective, helicopters falling down in glorious fireballs, it's an intoxicating feeling.
    I would suggest checking out some of the threads people have made here about the awesome stuff that has happened to them :)
    rflx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By rflx

It annoys me when a guy is rushing straight towards me, I unload like half a clip into him, and he still manages to run up and stab me in the face. The weapons feel a little underpowered in that way.

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

Learn to burst fire. That has never happend to me tbh, even though it ALWAYS happens with the commando pro douches in MW2

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By RobotHamster

Not having it.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yukoei
    @RobotHamster said:
    " Not having it. "
    This.
    cuddlycobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cuddlycobra

people have to realize that this game isn't like MW2!.. you cant just sprint into a room guns blazing and get kills, this game is about team work it always has been with out working with a team your not going to do that great, this game is about massive battle fields with epic tank.. plane, helicopter battle's.. I'm actually sad because they've gone with the call of duty style with the battle field it self being small, comparing to the very first battle field 1942

and for the guns having no damage, i don't know if you've tried any hardcore match's? but you can kill people with a burst of almost any gun, depends on the accurate it is (me playing on the PC I don't know if the damage is different, but that would be strange if it was)

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By pweidman

Killing assault(or more often not)class.  They're ridiculously tough.  The game's balanced though and an absolute blast every night.  Best mp going imo.  And with all the class upgrades it should have a substantial online lifespan.  Oh and those sketchy EA servers I guess are the biggest pain actually.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By DragoonKain1687

This is what happens when someone comes over from MW. They just dont get what this game is about. Bad Company is not at all slow paced, specially during the later points if playing in Rush. Conquest creates nasty moments as well, specially in White Pass, point B. And Hardcore makes TDM a fun mode.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By xMP44x

The only thing that annoys me about this game, is when someone uses the XM8. I don't know why, but I feel the XM8 Prototype is about the most 'noob' aspect to the game. No problem with the other variants of it, but the Proto is just so good for being an early unlock. Still, it's not that bad, so it's not really an annoyance. Only a "Oh, riiight then" moment.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#12  Edited By EpicSteve

How party/game invites don't work half the time.

cuddlycobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cuddlycobra

yah the server system isn't the best out there, but i would take it over match making

Tricks73r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tricks73r

I agree; but man, this game is by far the best War based multiplayer shooter I've ever played on a console.

Frenchie108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Frenchie108

I can't stand the sounds that the guns make. In BC1, i felt like i was firing a real gun but here its as if i'm firing a BB gun. It's not very satisfying

cuddlycobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cuddlycobra

well yah and the friend thing not working well is annoying.. but its fairly new so i didn't expect everything to work... but the most things that annoy me is when everyone goes sniper, and also when people use there 40mm with extra grenade package up trying to kill you.. just because its an easy kill

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By TheHBK

Sweetwater.  Hes a fucking bitch.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kohe321

Mg3 doesn't do nearly enough damage. Worthless weapon considering it's the final unlock of the medic class.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tuggah

Rockets seem to have no splash damage.

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aeterna

That rocets will rarely kill infantry, even when it lands right next to them.  
    That I've unlocked all the weapons already.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By immike

Yeah, the slow-paced nature of the game is mind-numbing.  
    Also, the fact that the enemies have access to your base to steal your vehicles.  
    The bullet lag is probably some of the worst I've encountered, because 9/10 times it ends with me and my enemy both dying at the same time.  
    The rocket damage towards infantry.  
    The jungle maps.

@DragoonKain1687: Btw, I was a Battlefield player way before I was a MW player and still say that this game is slow-paced. Even the older battlefield games were faster paced (1942 and BF2). I don't think it has anything to do with playing MW in my case. It's just slow.  

rflx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rflx
    @Jiujitsuka said:
    " Learn to burst fire. That has never happend to me tbh, even though it ALWAYS happens with the commando pro douches in MW2 "
    I do gennerally burst fire.. But when somebody is like 3 meters in front of you and charging towards you, holding down the trigger and unloading 5-10 bullets into him should be enough to kill him. Sometimes it isn't. That was my point.
    BeefWaterfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BeefWaterfall

@rflx said:

" It annoys me when a guy is rushing straight towards me, I unload like half a clip into him, and he still manages to run up and stab me in the face. The weapons feel a little underpowered in that way. "

Actually, your complaint is the problem I have with Modern Warfare 2. Usually, in BC2 ... I can shoot a guy in the face before he gets to me with a knife. Now, knife attacks from the back...that's different. But that's the way it should be. Dangerous from ambushes from the back. With Commando/Marathon.....MW2 has silly knife attacks that make no sense.  It's odd that we have such different takes on our experiences. 

I actually like BC2 and MW2 both. Each have stuff I love and hate.  

@Aeterna said:
    " That rocets will rarely kill infantry, even when it lands right next to them.  That I've unlocked all the weapons already. "  

That's one of my major complaints with BC2 too. And with MW2, its the knifing. 
    philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By philuk19

I do have some minor probelms with the game, but overall they dont even factor into it. This is the most fun I have ever had playing a MP game on a console, every class and vehicle offers a new style of play.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By natetodamax
    • Some matches where it is literally impossible for me to kill anyone for some reason
    • Some matches where I'll spawn, instantly die, have to wait 13 seconds to spawn again, instantly die, wash rince repeat.
    Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ben99
    @cuddlycobra: 
    had they shown that clearly in reviews, I wouldn't have bought it at all
    Avatar image for deactivated-5eca34e37141a
    deactivated-5eca34e37141a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lag effect that sees you die in a firefight even though you have found cover behind an impenitrable wall (obviously from the shots fired before you found cover). It's also annoying when I have shot people several times only for them to kill me and then I see that they still have 100% health (also due to this lag effect I assume).

Avatar image for chickendoughnut
    chickendoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By chickendoughnut

personal taste wise I don't really like riding vehicles in games which puts me in a huge disadvantage in bc2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.