Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Gates's of Hell shopping advice

AndrooD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AndrooD2

So, I'm on Chapter 7 and finally have enough halos to buy some items and weapons, and I can't decide what I should buy. Should I just buy techniques for now? Or is there some badass weapon or item that I absolutely need to buy as soon as I can?

TsuHai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TsuHai

It doesnt matter too much on normal - buy all the stuff thats marked  "hot"  first (except red hot shot). When you beat the game you'll earn enough money on replaying levels and training for hard mode that you'll very soon be able to afford everything. 

Being in Chapter 7 now also enables you to halofarm extreme ammounts of money pretty easily ( http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=946346&topic=52987216 ) but you can also get good money just playing the game , so you dont need halo farming.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

I found that after playing through on Normal and Hard, I could barely rack up enough Halos to get all the accessories so I had to resort to the farming on chapter 7. I think I could afford maybe 2 accessories while playing through on Normal.

TsuHai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TsuHai
    @xyzygy said:

"I found that after playing through on Normal and Hard, I could barely rack up enough Halos to get all the accessories so I had to resort to the farming on chapter 7. I think I could afford maybe 2 accessories while playing through on Normal. "

Yeah , on my first playthrough i diddnt get much either. But if you have more experience and pull of better combos you get more. I'm playing through normal a second time now and my attempts on one single alftheim got me 150000 - but that took pretty long i have to admit and i had gaze of despair... 
    Anyways, you can halofarm the Chapter7 boss legitimately once every playthrough :D
    AndrooD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AndrooD2

Awesome. Thanks for the advice, guys!

Avatar image for popeanonymousvii
    PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII

Just halo farm the Chapter 7 boss and buy EVERYTHING.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Teran
      @AndrooD2: I personally went with the deflecting band (not actual name, the 200K one) and the item that auto taunts because I wanted to get used to start improving my fighting ability and reflexes from the start, 

@xyzygy said:
    " I found that after playing through on Normal and Hard, I could barely rack up enough Halos to get all the accessories so I had to resort to the farming on chapter 7. I think I could afford maybe 2 accessories while playing through on Normal. "

You receive halo's proportionate to your combo number (how many consecutive hits you get on an enemy without getting hit yourself or letting 3 seconds go by without attacking an enemy).  If you aren't making much money odds are there's a flaw in your play.   I was in a similar situation, the weapons and accessories looked painfully expensive during my first playthrough however I realized I was relying too much on powerful attacks with the katana or the lightning charge explosion with the lightning claws which are very good for killing enemies quickly but horrible for your combo counter.  Other things you might try and improve is using execution attacks whenever possible, get used to using taunt or your gun to hit a distant enemy and keep the combo in place, use torture attacks whenever possible (punish too) and try to overkill the victim for maximum halo/combo gain. This is especially important on boss fights during the sequences where you are climaxing or other qte mini games that result in damage or death to enemies. 

Whenever possible use longer combos with more hits (PPPPKK is one I like with the katana/claws and it's nice having access to a powerful short combo (PKP) without having to change weaoibs), these make things a bit more dangerous but it's worth the reward.  Last but not least if you are confident in your abilities put on the taunt accessory.  It significantly increases the number of combo points you get per attack which in turn greatly increases the number of halo's you receive.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

serene light , gaze of despair and moon of mahaa kalaa(?) they are all you need..... (and maybe a burn through on easy to get the auto-marionette if the game is too hard) 

the bats are the most important move to own.
    AdamosX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AdamosX2

Idk. i always felt more broke than i should have been. i stuck to mostly buying new moves. For the longest time i only checked for new weapons and healing herb suckers when needed. when i finally took the time to check out the other options, i bought so many moves at once that i would forget about them and then rediscover them latter on.
    Warskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Warskull

Witch Hearts are a really good buy, especially early.  The higher HP helps you get through levels with no items, which nets you an extra 5k points at the end. 

Technique wise, I found Breakdance and Stiletto are the two most useful.  Once you can buy them, all the shape change forms are very useful. 

Remember, do not be afraid to use yellow and red lollipops.  You should pick up enough bits to mix your own mega reds and mega yellows.  If you use these at key moments that you find hard they can save you points in the end and save you money on green lollipops.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Just my opinion but I found the beast within moves very useful to have, the bats being particularly useful during the fights with Jeanne and during another fight very near the end of the game. As for accessories the moon of halaa-kalaa and serene light seemed most useful to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.