No recent wiki edits to this page.
- 1988 Winston Cup (now called Sprint Cup) Champion
- 2 time Daytona 500 winner: 1985, 1987
- 2002 Brickyard 400 winner
- 1986 All-Star Race winner
Sprint Cup Statistics
- Best points finish: 1st (1988)
- First win: 1983 Winston Western 500 - Riverside
- Last win: 2003 Pop Secret Microwave Popcorn 400 - Rockingham
- Most wins in a season: 11 (1985)
- Total Sprint Cup wins: 44
Bill holds the distinction of having his name grace the cover of the very first game to ever receive the NASCAR license, Bill Elliot's NASCAR Challenge.
Also nicknamed "Million-Dollar Bill" for winning the "Winston Million" in 1985. From 1985-1997 series sponsor RJ Reynolds offered up a million bucks to the driver that won 3 of 4 of the "crown jewels" of NASCAR. The four races were the Daytona 500, the Winston 500 (Talladega), the Coca-Cola 600 (Charlotte), and the Southern 500 (Darlington). Bill won all except the Coke 600. With Bill capturing the million the first year of its running it was expecting many other drivers would accomplish the feat, however, this would not be the case. It wasn't until 1997, the last year of its running, that it was won again, this time by Jeff Gordon who won at Daytona, Charlotte, and Darlington.
Elliott was also voted most popular driver a record 16 times from 1984-1988, 1991-2000, and 2002.