Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 23, 2003

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg is a platformer where you use eggs to attack enemies, jump farther, and hatch creatures to fight alongside you.

Not a Horrible Game!

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
    deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

On the podcast, Jeff was making this game sound like a crime against humanity or something, yet while it's definitely no Chu Chu Rocket, I definitely remember having fun with it. It's been several years since I've played it, but I remember the eggs, the animals and the power-ups all being neat systems that played together in neat ways, and I seem to recall the level design being nice. I would really like to see them revist the game to see if they still hate it as much as they remember.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I didn't think it was a TERRIBLE game but It didn't set the world on fire or anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
    deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@solh0und: 5hat's what I'm saying. It's not incredible, but it doesn't deserve all the hate they were giving it on the podcast. It's a fun game.

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mason20

It wasn't really a terrible game but the character Billy Hatcher was a bit lame I thought. I do think Jeff does have a bit of a over exaggeration issue when it comes to things he doesn't care for. It's not the first and will definitely not be the last unfortunately...

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Wait, Billy Hatcher's getting hate? Why? I didn't even realize it warranted attention. What other strange games do the Bombcast duders hate?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

@video_game_king said:

Wait, Billy Hatcher's getting hate? Why? I didn't even realize it warranted attention. What other strange games do the Bombcast duders hate?

They were making fun of a bunch of early last gen games on a recent podcast, but I don't remember what all they were. This was one of them, though.

Personally, all I remember of Billy Hatcher was playing it at a kiosk at K-Mart or something, back when I was in 6th grade and had to crane my neck all the way backwards just to see the damn TV screen. I sometimes think they put those TV's up so high just to keep kids like me from playing the demos during the entire shopping trip that their parents were on. Anyway, back on topic, I don't remember thinking it was bad, but then I was also in 6th grade.

When is the last time that you played it, @chrismafuchris?

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By damswedon

Eggs good for eating

But make for substandard game

Stick to sonic please

mattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Have never heard of it, looked here while listening to a question calling this a better "rolling game" than Katamari Damacy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.