Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Columbia Baptism (SPOILERS)

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Demonsoul

I understand how the baptism after Wounded Knee (1st baptism) is important. I'm completely lost on the significance of the baptism (by the same priest) that occurs when you first enter Columbia (2nd baptism). What does this 2nd baptism do? Why is he magically teleported to a different area of Columbia immediately after the 2nd baptism? Why did he say he was downed (or almost drowned) during the 2nd baptism? Why doesn't he turn into Comstock after accepting the 2nd baptism? Why was Booker taken directly from the lighthouse to a completely closed off section of Columbia where he is forced to accept the 2nd baptism to leave?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@demonsoul said:

I understand how the baptism after Wounded Knee (1st baptism) is important. I'm completely lost on the significance of the baptism (by the same priest) that occurs when you first enter Columbia (2nd baptism). What does this 2nd baptism do? Why is he magically teleported to a different area of Columbia immediately after the 2nd baptism? Why did he say he was downed (or almost drowned) during the 2nd baptism? Why doesn't he turn into Comstock after accepting the 2nd baptism? Why was Booker taken directly from the lighthouse to a completely closed off section of Columbia where he is forced to accept the 2nd baptism to leave?

He is not teleported. He is either carried or floats there. And the second one did not change him because he had passed that point in his life where he was deep in despair. At the end you see that he makes up his own memories and forgets about the part about him selling his daughter ( is why he gets baptised and has a near death experience or brain damage from lack of air) So the second one is not as important in that regard.

For the lighthouse thing go look up Ellis Island. Its the same idea.

The reason for the Baptism is foreshadowing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.