Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Some interesting articles and videos about Infinite.

postnothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been meaning to replay Bioshock Infinite this week, so I decided to look up some retrospective articles about the game to read prior to playing it. I thought I'd share what I've found -- it may make you appreciate the game more or even prompt you to replay it.

• This post-release article by CVG features Ken Levine -- I thought it was very informative. He offers new insights with respect to Comstock, his motives and the inspiration behind his character; in addition to Quantum Mechanics and the Many-worlds interpretation. He also gives his own views with regard to some of the storytelling decisions he made in the game.
    • This is another article that features Levine by International Business Times, it reflects on a few of the development decisions that he's made in the game.
    • I found a couple of articles about the historical influences of Infinite. They show the game to be more or less accurate in its depiction of the era: A Bioshock Infinite Primer Part 1 and Part 2. The second one is post-release, so it is much more relevant to the topics the game tackles.
    • If you're interested in the science behind the game, this video explains all the scientific theories the game draws influences from.
    • Lastly, this is a half-hour video interview that I thoroughly enjoyed, which features Levine answering several personal questions, as well as some questions about twists, storytelling and abstractness in video games.

Well, I hope someone finds something of interest here.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Thanks, reading and watching right now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.