Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

The first five minutes of Bioshock Infinite *Spoilers*

DjDonFrancisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DjDonFrancisco

So Irrational Games has released this to the masses:

Yea, i'm going to do myself a favor and run very far away from this topic. I personally don't want to watch it. Just gonna sit this here, and slowly back away.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So sad it was pushed back to March. Meaning it releases right along side of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the WiiU. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Ha, I love the British Jennifer Hale.

OK, didn't go further than the first 2 minutes, just so I can then experience the parts where you play it straight from the game. Especially given how it's no doubt meant to evoke the opening to the original BioShock.

DjDonFrancisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DjDonFrancisco

@Fredddi43: Eh, I'm just covering my ass. For every person that says, "I saw no spoilers!" theres a person that'll freak at the sight of a lighthouse and cry foul play.

@Yummylee: Thats pretty much my reason for staying away from the full video. Heard the little conversation in the beginning and realized that I'm better off waiting until March.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

I don't want to finish watching this but I do want to go play the original Bioshock.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

Does anyone feel particularly spoiled after watching this? I've hesitant to click play if there are any big reveals in the first five minutes.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Snail

WHY ARE THEY SHOWING US SO MUCH OF THE GAME. I want to have all those "OH SNAP" moments right when I'm playing it!

Yeah, I'm leaving this thread.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By gaminghooligan

@Fredddi43 said:

There were like no spoilers in there. But this looks amazing. Glad I preordered. Also, is this the same lighthouse as in Bioshock 1?

was thinking the same thing. Also the song that's playing in the lighthouse gave me chills, looks amazing.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Meltac

Not watching this, just like I have ignored almost every other trailer, gameplay footage or picture. I am going to experience this game, without knowing a single thing about it or what's going to happen. Which is really hard in this day and age.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By laserbolts

I want to watch but I must not give in.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By golguin

The allusions to the beginning of Bioshock are all there right down to the final mode of transportation to the place. I wont specify since people are saying they don't want to be spoiled despite the topic clearly stating there are spoilers in here.

leafhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By leafhouse

it gives basically nothing away.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

They have gave way too much away with this game, I knew nothing when I borrowed Bioshock off a friend and that's what made it so great.

I now know so much about Bioshock Infinite, the reason your there, the villian, the world and time. All they had to do with this game was say it's the true sequel to Bioshock and everyone would of been onboard, I feel the wonder of it has already been spoiled.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShadyPingu

Loving the Bioshock callbacks. And Jennifer Hale. Don't feel at all spoiled by the video, but I totally understand wanting to go in fresh.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BBQBram
    @Bourbon_Warrior:  Well, I agree they have definitely been giving more away for the sake of marketing...but I wouldn't take these themes and characters at face value. All the allusions to inter-dimensional travel in the E3 footage and interviews are certainly the most mysterious (and my most highly anticipated) aspect of the story. I believe Levine is far too smart to play his hand too early, or allow it to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.