Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

What exactly is this?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noremnants

Another FPS game, but this time it takes place in the sky?

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Djeffers03

Yes. 

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero

It's actually an RTS where you take control of space marines in their conquest to rid the galaxy of the evil emperor zurg. You can also play as new hero units this time like Buzz Lightyear.

Yes, it's Bioshock in the sky with nationalist overtones instead of collectivism.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @lawblob:

Man, I can't believe we get ANOTHER steampunk, flying city, 1910s bizarro Americana, philosophically infused first person game. God, not again! >_<    

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By phantomzxro

the true sequel to bioshock which take place on a flying city which sounds awesome to me. Now that the true creators of the first game is making this i have high hopes it will be just as awesome. Suck we have a long wait of 2012 tho.
    klaptos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By klaptos
    @phantomzxro said:

" the true sequel to bioshock which take place on a flying city which sounds awesome to me. Now that the true creators of the first game is making this i have high hopes it will be just as awesome. Suck we have a long wait of 2012 tho. "

I believe they didnt even reveal if its in the same "universe" as Rapture. Seeing as it takes place in 1912(?), it would be a prequel....or not be related to the original in any way. Also, drinking booze to get powers? YES!
    phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By phantomzxro
    @Klaptos said:
    " @phantomzxro said:

" the true sequel to bioshock which take place on a flying city which sounds awesome to me. Now that the true creators of the first game is making this i have high hopes it will be just as awesome. Suck we have a long wait of 2012 tho. "

I believe they didnt even reveal if its in the same "universe" as Rapture. Seeing as it takes place in 1912(?), it would be a prequel....or not be related to the original in any way. Also, drinking booze to get powers? YES! "

true but if it did i think it take place before rapture.  it does not matter as much as if it will continue in the same universe which i want to think it is because i'm sure there are more crazy people like andrew ryan with wild idea in the bioshock world. But they have the right idea with going to a new location which is why i think most people ran out of steam playing bioshock 2.
    illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By illmatic19

Bioshock 2.5

Ratfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Ratfoot

The thing that really bothers me about the trailer is the Rapture model is from the 1893 World Fair meaning either Andrew Ryan stole the plan from someone else or he's much older than he appears.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Ineedaname

I'd have preferred a continuing narrative where someone from Rapture had started it up again but hey.

BioShock Infinite is a first-person shooter currently in development at Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock (which sold over 4 million units worldwide). Set in 1912, BioShock Infinite introduces an entirely new narrative and gameplay experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky.

Former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt has been sent to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned in Columbia since childhood. Booker develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Havox said:

What exactly is this?

"
    A video game.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By valrog
    @Ratfoot said:
    " The thing that really bothers me about the trailer is the Rapture model is from the 1893 World Fair meaning either Andrew Ryan stole the plan from someone else or he's much older than he appears. "
    Was that even Rapture? Although, a Big Daddy appears in the trailer, so I think we can assume that it does have some connections to the first two games.
    Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By Jost1
    @illmatic19 said:
    " Bioshock 2.5 "
    Made me laugh IRL
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @phantomzxro said:
    I'm just glad it's not being rushed. This seems like the game that may finally get me into Bioshock.
    Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Mighty

It's awsome is what it is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.