Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioWare

Company »

BioWare is a game company that is currently owned by Electronic Arts (EA). It specializes in making role playing games that usually involve deep and engaging stories.

A Trio of Time-Wasting Treasures

gamezombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By gamezombie
    No Caption Provided
    Have you ever been sitting around on your computer, waiting for something or someone to arrive within ten minutes or so?  You don’t have enough time to start up World of Warcraft or your other MMO of choice, but you have too much time to just sit there staring at your screen.  This time could be otherwise spent lurking on Facebook or another social site, but maybe you’d like to play a mini game or two?  Well I’ve got your fix; I’m laying out three of my favorite time-wasting games.

Robot Unicorn Attack

This might be one of the most fun, simple, and outrageous games I’ve ever played. It only requires two buttons, Z and X, which are for jump and dash respectively. You get three rounds, called wishes. In each round your unicorn runs forward at an increasing speed, starting at a mild trot and quickly progressing to OMGWTF speed. The goal is to acquire the most points throughout the three rounds combined. Earning points is done by surviving over time, collecting fairies, and dashing through stars. Your unicorn can double jump as well, which can be skillfully combined with a dash to double jump again. It’s a lot of crazy fun by a crazy team. The background song is a flashback to the ridiculous pop music of the ’80s, but it fits perfectly with this barrel of fun.

Dragon Age: Journeys

Dragon Age: Journeys is a flash counterpart to the console Dragon Age titles, which apparently will allow the player to receive special rewards in their console campaign through Journeys‘ gameplay. It lets you pick some simple character traits, much like its consol counterparts. Then there’s a bit of story stuff, followed by combat! The combat is pretty cool, turn-based grid stuff, but pretty fleshed out for a flash game. What else would you expect from Bioware, even if it is a flash game?

Thing-Thing Arena 3

Thing-Thing Arena 3 is another edition of the popular Thing-Thing series of flash games. It’s my personal choice for time-wasting, since it’s really easy to hop into a game, but the entire series pretty much offers the same fun. You control a Rayman-esque character that you can customize a bit. It’s your typical enemy wave kind of game, with hordes of other characters coming at you wielding a variety of guns. You start out with just a pistol, but you can also pick up new weapons, most of which have very pleasing effects (the rebound gun is hilarious in a crowded room). The goal is to get as many kills as you can and survive as long as possible. It doesn’t really end. There are multiple levels, but they are all fairly similar in gameplay. If this game interests you, I encourage you to try the others in the series, and also to try the Madness Interactive series of games, which offers similar but different gameplay.

There you have it. Next time you’ve got a computer and ten minutes to kill, you won’t be so bored. Hell, you might even find yourself late for your original plans.

gamezombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gamezombie
    No Caption Provided
    Have you ever been sitting around on your computer, waiting for something or someone to arrive within ten minutes or so?  You don’t have enough time to start up World of Warcraft or your other MMO of choice, but you have too much time to just sit there staring at your screen.  This time could be otherwise spent lurking on Facebook or another social site, but maybe you’d like to play a mini game or two?  Well I’ve got your fix; I’m laying out three of my favorite time-wasting games.

Robot Unicorn Attack

This might be one of the most fun, simple, and outrageous games I’ve ever played. It only requires two buttons, Z and X, which are for jump and dash respectively. You get three rounds, called wishes. In each round your unicorn runs forward at an increasing speed, starting at a mild trot and quickly progressing to OMGWTF speed. The goal is to acquire the most points throughout the three rounds combined. Earning points is done by surviving over time, collecting fairies, and dashing through stars. Your unicorn can double jump as well, which can be skillfully combined with a dash to double jump again. It’s a lot of crazy fun by a crazy team. The background song is a flashback to the ridiculous pop music of the ’80s, but it fits perfectly with this barrel of fun.

Dragon Age: Journeys

Dragon Age: Journeys is a flash counterpart to the console Dragon Age titles, which apparently will allow the player to receive special rewards in their console campaign through Journeys‘ gameplay. It lets you pick some simple character traits, much like its consol counterparts. Then there’s a bit of story stuff, followed by combat! The combat is pretty cool, turn-based grid stuff, but pretty fleshed out for a flash game. What else would you expect from Bioware, even if it is a flash game?

Thing-Thing Arena 3

Thing-Thing Arena 3 is another edition of the popular Thing-Thing series of flash games. It’s my personal choice for time-wasting, since it’s really easy to hop into a game, but the entire series pretty much offers the same fun. You control a Rayman-esque character that you can customize a bit. It’s your typical enemy wave kind of game, with hordes of other characters coming at you wielding a variety of guns. You start out with just a pistol, but you can also pick up new weapons, most of which have very pleasing effects (the rebound gun is hilarious in a crowded room). The goal is to get as many kills as you can and survive as long as possible. It doesn’t really end. There are multiple levels, but they are all fairly similar in gameplay. If this game interests you, I encourage you to try the others in the series, and also to try the Madness Interactive series of games, which offers similar but different gameplay.

There you have it. Next time you’ve got a computer and ten minutes to kill, you won’t be so bored. Hell, you might even find yourself late for your original plans.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.