Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioWare

Company »

BioWare is a game company that is currently owned by Electronic Arts (EA). It specializes in making role playing games that usually involve deep and engaging stories.

Mass Effect 3’s Co-Op Multiplayer Tied to an Online Pass

• 56 results
    mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mnzy
    @theveej said:

buying new copy for $60 --> some profit goes to retailers, some to publisher, some to developer

buying used copy for $50 --> all profits go to retailers

pacther gave his estimate for profits of each segment in an episode of pach attack, but that is the gist of it.

uh............. good for you people buying used game and pumping ur money to your retailer I guess.... We all know how many games THEY make. Personally I just fill dirty buying used games.... but that's just me.

oh yah and buying ME3 used will totally show bioware who's boss..... i mean not giving them any profit on a game they make will surely make them want to make more single player content that isn't tied to an online pass

there is nothing wrong with online passes, PC games have had cd keys for ages, and we don't see anyone getting upset about that. (and its only 10 bucks if you want a friend to borrow ur game, which i feel is a fair price)

plus unless the co op is incredibly bad and terrible, I don't care at all if its added. You don't like the co op then just don't play it.

What people like you like to forget is the ones that actually sell the games they played. If they get $20 back, they effectively payed $40 for their new game. 
    I'm f'n sure that many of these people would not buy a game for $60 if they know they are not able to sell it.
    What that basically means is that right now, more people with a little less money get access to games. And this is a big part of why games are as bis as they are now.
    Online passes and all this other crap will make less people play video games and that will hurt us, too, in the long run.
    Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Tesla

Uh...as someone who has friends that love Mass Effect, this is pretty exciting news.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By MichaelBach

I like the idea of the multiplayer impacting the campaign. Looking forward to seeing how this will be

Greatgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Greatgrey

No

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#55  Edited By MeatSim

I am playing Krogan all the time in co-op.

cheweqfp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By cheweqfp

I don't have any issue with online passes. Its a smart way for publisher/ developers to potentially get a piece of used game sales without stepping on the toes of brick and mortar. And it used game sales (which I agree should be around) didn't exist there is no guarantee publishers would be as quick to lower the price at retail when a title is stagnant. Retailers pay the publisher for shipments an that's when the publisher gets their money. We then pay the retailer for the game that they already purchased from the publisher.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.