Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Feb 26, 2013

A direct sequel to the BIT.TRIP title of the same name, Runner2 drops the 8-bit inspired visuals and visits multiple worlds in order to stop the evil Timbletot.

How easy is easy? What does it do?

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I'm someone who loved the idea and execution of the Bit.Trip. Runner games but I just knew I would get way too frustrated and end up hating the game. I'm someone who hates bad checkpointing more than almost anything and while I'm not saying the original is that at all, I knew the style wouldn't mesh.

With the second game I was excited and again applauded the game's quality and effort but coverage at the time still left me with teh conclusion I wouldn't enjoy it. Recently when they played it on a live show I saw mention of an easy mode (which I don't know when that was implimented) and I'm curious, how easy is it in comparison? I've having a hard time finding concrete comparisons between easy and normal and want to know what it is that's included. Does it just throw in a second checkpoint or does it slow down the game or both?

With this and hearing that Pid had a rework and easy difficulty mode put in I'm starting to reconsider some games I skipped on because of their difficulty.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

I never touched easy mode, but even the normal difficulty is far easier than the first Runner.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

I believe it's only just fewer obstacles; there's no extra obstacles nor is there a speed decrease. Also, personally, I would say that easy is not the way to play these games - they are all about overcoming the challenge of the levels. I find that if you play on easy, the challenge is mostly gone and the game becomes little more than moving from one side of the level to the other...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Who is your easy and what does he do?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.