Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bit.Trip RUNNER

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 14, 2010

The fourth installment in the Bit.Trip series sees CommanderVideo, the series' protagonist, running through levels in search of piles of gold as he avoids various obstacles.

The King of all baby punchers

Drumminjay108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Drumminjay108

I have not gotten this mad over a game ever!  I wish they would have put check points in at least the boss fights and in the long levels like 1-11.  I love the game but it makes me want to kill.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

I get easily frustrated at games, but Bit.Trip RUNNER is... bearable. There is something to this concept of "immediatly, without pause and compromise, jump back to the beginning of the song when you make 1 mistake" that just works. But then again, I am only at level 1-10. 

Great game nonetheless. As long as you tolerate games that rape your brain.

Drumminjay108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Drumminjay108

Right to where you are is when it gets frustrating.  All before it was bearable to me until 1-10.  In world 2 the background is to much of a distraction and it is hard to tell what the game is throwing at you.  I just made it to world three and so far it seems more simple like world 1 which is very welcome.

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Roomrunner

I played 1-11 and the boss just a few minutes ago.  As agonizing as it was, I felt like a god when I finally defeated them.  I certainly would not have gotten that feeling if it weren't such a punishing game.   

That being said, I miss the mode depletion from the last three games.  If there ever was a really tough part that your fingers just could not overcome, you knew that if you did really well just before it, you'd have built up enough "shield" to get you through the firestorm to come.  I don't understand why Runner couldn't simply knock you down a psychedelic level with each hit (and if you mess up in hyper, you die).   I'd still have incentive to go back and try to do a "perfect" run, but now with perfect being the only option, I never want to touch those super tough stages again.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dalai

It's a game for masochists, but that's what is so appealing. Plus, I've always loved the Atari 2600/8-bit presentation. I love it, but it doesn't love me back.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Darkstar614

I love it. The 1-11 and 3-11 are so ridiculous. The awesome thing about games this hard, is you WILL yell in excitement when you finally beat one of those levels. What's cool is eventually you end up playing the first half of those longer stages so much that you can basically do it by the music which is pretty cool. Although I have no idea what happened with the final boss, seemed like nothing happened.

Definitely not a game for the feint of heart. But it's one of those games you actually feel awesome about completing, so when your friends go "damn bit trip runner is too hard.." you can come in with "yeah I beat it"

Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Roomrunner

The Gauntlet can go to hell.  If this was the first Bit.Trip game I ever played, i'd never boot this game up again.  But I know there are still goods to be delivered, so I'll probably give it another go next weekend. 

Seriously, that pattern to start with is such a chore.  I never seem to feel like I am getting a flow for it, even when I pass it it feels like I just got lucky.  It's like trying to get an old car to start.   And after all that, I end up with a face full of trash at the top of that staircase which CV refuses to duck under.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

I will just bump this 4 month old thread to publicly declare 1-11 my new arch nemesis. Fuck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.