Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 19, 2008

Widely considered a spiritual successor to the studio's Guilty Gear series, BlazBlue is a fighting game with highly-detailed hand-drawn character graphics and a story involving sorcery and science.

BlazBlue has cometh.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

YEAH. Just picked up the limited edition of BlazBlue for the Xbox 360, and I have to say I'm incredibly stoked playing this game. There's so much mystery shrouding this game that it's just exciting, I don't know a whole lot about it but I like the unknown (i.e. nothing like street fighter). Right now I'm cranking out the Haku-men combos, trying to get my head around some of the mechanics of this game -- I'm sure most of that will come in time however.

Here's a test video of me pretending I'm playing marvel in training mode or something. Hahah.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

YEAH. Just picked up the limited edition of BlazBlue for the Xbox 360, and I have to say I'm incredibly stoked playing this game. There's so much mystery shrouding this game that it's just exciting, I don't know a whole lot about it but I like the unknown (i.e. nothing like street fighter). Right now I'm cranking out the Haku-men combos, trying to get my head around some of the mechanics of this game -- I'm sure most of that will come in time however.

Here's a test video of me pretending I'm playing marvel in training mode or something. Hahah.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Lucky Americans... I'm still looking for a decent place to import this gem from, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lordofultima
    @WitchHunter_Z: That's a shame, just be careful as the 360 version most likely isn't region-free.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Luke
    @lordofultima: Welcome to the club man!  This game is so kickass! 

Thing is though, is that those aren't real combos against a Training Dummy :p  The game has tons of infinite combos like in your vid, but it's up to the Player to break-out of them. 

@WitchHunter_Z: Yeah the 360 is Region Locked, but you can get either the JP or US PS3 version, which isn't.  The only dilemma is that playing against Level 20+ Japanese Players, over PSN, will destroy your self esteem :p 
    MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MrGetBonus
    @lordofultima: You diggin Haku-men too huuh? I love the range on his 6C. He can't move too fast on the ground but his air dash is nice for gettin across. Most importantly, he looks badass.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

.... I heard you Tweeting in anticipation earlier.. It's a ______ bitch!, that we aint getting this game in Europe on 360!. 

You mean you have hever played this awesome game before!?, GGx is bound to have a similar core mechanic to Blaz.

I have the awesome official heavy metal soundtrack too ^ ^
    I have the awesome official heavy metal soundtrack too ^ ^
    If you don't have one already, you should seriously consider getting yourself a Dreamcast at cheap cost and playing some of these classic fighters, your bound to end up loving a load of them. Alternatively, you can hope arcade gets them all eventually. I highly doubt some games will appear though.

BlazBleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BlazBleu

Gonna go to Target and see if they have the copy today. I don't want to wait until this game actually ships from Amazon. I'll pay the tax for this game! It's worth it!

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By agent_lost

ah damn all of you, I'm still looking for a copy. My arcade stick is screaming for this game. Anyway, look forward to see you guys online.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordofultima
    @Luke: Well by all means I'm not saying this combo would work at all in a match. There's plenty of combos I do in training mode just to get a feel for the game. It was the same with street fighter and linking strings info fireball FADC's infinitely.

@MrGetBonus:
    Haku-men has just a methodical pace that feels real nice, his normals are links so I feel at home in regards to the transition from Street Fighter, he has sick priority/range on his normals too.

@Linkyshinks: Yes I have played Guilty Gear, and I had quite a bit of fun with it, but more importantly loved the soundtrack to that game. But I was a different player back then, I didn't care about knowing about the game at all. I think Street Fighter has made me some elitist prick regarding fighting games, now I have to break it down into all this minutia.
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Luke
    @lordofultima: :)  Anyway, you should do a Super Look of this game!... show all G-Bombers whut is up :p  I'd watch that shit when I need a break, after my wrist starts hurting from playing too much. 
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordofultima
    @Luke: I probably will tomorrow-ish, I want to show off some of the hilarious story mode stuff.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By apathylad

I just bought the game for some reason...I saw it at Fry's, and I was not too familiar with the Guilty Gear franchise, having only played it a couple of times. I suppose I got it cause I was afraid it would run out of stock quickly, so I hope I don't hate it.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I was out buying my sister the Jonas Brothers movie (yes i know) and to make my man hood at least walk away in tacked I picked this game up on a hunch that it would be good. Still have to play it but after reading the manual my mind was blow by the amount of stuff you can do in this game. The fighting mechanics look just as complex as SF4 which im still not sure if thats a good thing cause i want to be splitting my time between this game and that one, not spend my time just playing this one.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I am very curious about this game. I think that it is between this or King of Fighters XII for me. Let me know what you think of it. 

p.s. Gametrailers.com has a review of the game for anyone interested
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Luke

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.