Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

How do you get the true ending? (No spoilers please)

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So yeah, I don't really wanna miss the true ending and have to play through the whole game again, so is there any way you could tell me what I need in order to get it without spoiling major story stuff or character deaths, etc? Or will I just have to hope I stumble upon everything myself? Or better yet, is it even missable, or can I get it after the normal ending?

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You need to find and use 3 items, of which 4 potentially exist in one game, to get the true ending. But for details as to where each is, you would need some spoilers.

It is very very missable. You can not get it after the normal ending, because once you get the ending you start New Game Plus, so you'd have to play through it again.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Steadying

Ah, I see. Well I'll probably look it up once I feel I'm nearing the end or something, or hopefully I'll just pick up on it on my own. Thanks for the answer!

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You WILL get one of them on the critical path. It should stand out based on what it is.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A better question is, is the "normal" ending fulfilling enough? How many endings are there even?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316

The items in question are at this link. I don't find that too spoilery, unless you want to avoid boss names.

Or at the very least, the name of the item is Umbilical Cord and you need 3 of them.

Although it'll help to know how far you are. There's a non-spoilery secret area you can find after a certain point in the game that contains one.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just killed Amelia , so not that far I guess? And thanks, I just went ahead and read the spoiler tag. I'll keep my eye out for those!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A better question is, is the "normal" ending fulfilling enough? How many endings are there even?

Three endings total, a good and bad that are based off of an endgame choice, and the true ending. All three are incredibly vague and entirely up to interpretation. I actually find the "bad" ending to be the most fulfilling.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@steadying: Go look for a female NPC in a house in that area that's looking for a safe place and send her to the chapel

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Its an item that, literally, tells you its a third of something and there's one you can't miss.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar: Is that the one where your hunter wakes up in the middle of the city as the sun is rising?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got the true ending on accident, felt pretty good about it, but now I feel I have no purpose on my NG+.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I stumbled on the true ending by accident, though it is fairly lucky that I did. It seems like you would miss it 90% of the time. Also, the other endings suck. Especially the 'normal' one.

SirFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol I had the item's but didn't use them, figured they would do something bad.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@turambar: I enjoyed the Good and True endings the most

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you know theres a secret ending with hidden requirements you already spoiled something .. didnt you ?

anyway yeah its kind of hard to not get if you explore everything (and kill npcs for science lol im terrible, i went and killed the blind guy in the chapel before i finished the game "just incase" , probably didnt need to do that)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.