Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

Maybe a dumb question...can every boss be parried?

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By big_denim

So I'm fighting a boss in the chalice duneon and for the life of my cannot parry this guy. It's driving me insane! And of course, I ring the beckoning bell and never get any response :(

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I feel like yes but it's not worth the difficulty/impossibility of aiming the shot on some bosses like Watchdog or Amygdala, of course it might just not be possible against some of them. Safe assumption is if a boss is humanoid you can parry it.

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
    SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes every single boss can be "parried"

Some of the bosses are normal in that you shoot when they attack they'll stagger, while others require you to just deal enough damage to a location to stagger them or cancel their attack animation

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subliminalkitteh: I don't think he means stagger just parry, obviously every boss can be staggered.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Beckoning Bell only works if other people are playing the exact same dungeon, so that might be tough in Chalice dungeons.

Also, I don't think you can parry Rom any way. And I wasn't able to parry Wet Nurse, Vicar Amelia and Witch of Hemwick (just because she very rarely attacks with melee). I also never checked Moon Presence for parry possibility.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@zevvion: Rom does have physical attacks so it might be possible, they don't come out very often. Moon Presence can, Vicar is like right on the size border of "maybe," Wet Nurse probably can but the timing is difficult. Hemwick is a normal enemy template so presumably she can be parried, uses physical attacks rarely.

@zevvion: There's an item later on that lets you matchmake into every (Open) Chalice dungeon, why it isn't just given to you at the start is beyond me but presumably that will eventually work for someone.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By big_denim

Ya I ended up finding an area on his leg that can be slashed for a stagger, but I'm convinced he can't be parried.

Ah well, I ended up just beating him with a bunch of.dodges and back stabs since he was quite slow...

Good to know about the matchmaking though...that should make it a Lil more enjoyable.

But don't take that the wrong way. ..I absolutely love this game. Just an area that's frustrated me so far. I never seem to find people to join my game.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vicar will stagger when you hit her in the head enough time, either by bullets or by hitting her straight up.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@zevvion When I run it Moon Presence will sometimes be put into a state that makes the noise but I've never been able to get the angle right on the riposte to activate it. I might just be crazy or mistaking something else going on for it.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No, not all bosses can be parried. However, all bosses can be staggered, to perform a visceral attack (minus Rom, probably). The general rule of thumb is that the bigger bosses need to be 'tripped' by doing damage to their legs, or smashed in the head, while the smaller bosses can be staggered traditionally, with the gun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.