Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

What are you looking forward to most about Bloodborne?

• 72 results
    Soulsfan1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Soulsfan1984

Title speaks for itself...I am looking forward to more intense combat and having to react more quickly in combat situations.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Zevvion

The fact that I played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls (and Dark Souls II), loved all of them and am going to buy Bloodborne without knowing anything about it really. This is the best part of all of gaming. Possibly. Maybe.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having a solid action rpg on PS4, cant wait to play it!

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The challenge. Also, looking at the player character. The design reminds me so much of Vampire Hunter D.

enochulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, it's probably the ability to play co-op without having to please the Gods of Network Code. Hopefully.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dying.

@soulsfan1984: Also, this is sorta spam since you don't even answer the question yourself. You need to write something in your OP.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The PC release.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest playing it ... that is what is wonderfull about these games they just have that , I dunno , you know like when you played a Castlevania game , that no matter what you were in for a good time , well ok maybe not much Castlevania 2 , but you get the gist, Unfourtunately I wont be able to play it this March :( hope I can this year though.

Avatar image for zkowaliczko1994
    zkowaliczko1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am just excited to jump into a Souls-style game without the hardcore audience having picked it apart. I can't wait to discover secrets by myself.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting my ass handed to me in a bowl.

Soulsfan1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dying.

@soulsfan1984: Also, this is sorta spam since you don't even answer the question yourself. You need to write something in your OP.

Updated my post. Apologies...

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having something worthwhile to play on my ps4 instead of buying everything on steam. I'm also quite excited to see how they have changed the bonfire mechanic, and what types of awesome boss weapons there will be.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Having a decent reason to consider buying a PS4 sooner rather than later. Should be cool.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Aside from giving me the much-desired excuse to purchase a PS4? I'm excited for the fact that I don't actually know a whole lot about the game and can find out stuff on my own.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

As with any Souls game, it's the exploration. Seeing the different environs; the creepy enemy/boss design; the teeny-tiny, itty-bitty snippets of story I'm able to divine (I'm horrible at this aspect of Souls) and seeing the different weapons, particularly now that their overall design will be modernized a bit. Oh, and chilling with the Maiden in Black >,<

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Karkarov

Just looking forward to a new action RPG from the best guys at making action RPG's; From Software. Have been eating them up since King's Field on the PS1. Also it gives me more excuses to say things on YouTube like "So today I want to talk about this new game from From Software!" Because having a legit reason to say "from from" is just sort of funny.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Steadying

The story and lore. Also excited that there's no shields anymore.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the teeny-tiny, itty-bitty snippets of story I'm able to divine (I'm horrible at this aspect of Souls)

Me too, but yet that's my favorite part of the games and what I'm looking forward to the most. I kind of brushed aside the story for the most part in the other Souls games but then one day I found this guy on YouTube who did lore videos and I watched it and discovered that holy shit, they cram SO MUCH STORY into everything, even small characters or objects can have entire story arks that I just missed by not paying attention or finding.

So I'm going to do my best this time around to really just look at things and study things and pay attention to what's happening around me and what characters are saying/doing so hopefully I can figure things out on my own this time.

I'm also super excited by the rumored prospect that (End game Demons Souls spoilers, possibly Bloodborne early game/some point in time spoilers?) It's possible that Bloodborne is a storyline sequel to Demons Souls, someone came up with a good theory that your character helping the Maiden lull the old one back to sleep at the end of Demons Souls is what got rid of a lot of the magic/soul arts of the world so that's why in Bloodborne everything looks less reliant on magic and more reliant on human technology, apparently someone who got to see some previews also found someone in game doing an "Umbasa' prayer. So if that's all true that's really cool, if they make a whole new world/lore that's great as well but if they built off of Demons Souls stuff that's really cool, especially given how big your Demons characters role was in everything.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea of counter-attacking gaining you health. Sounds like an excuse to get real scrappy and that's cool.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

The gameplay.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

I'm also super excited by the rumored prospect that (End game Demons Souls spoilers, possibly Bloodborne early game/some point in time spoilers?) It's possible that Bloodborne is a storyline sequel to Demons Souls, someone came up with a good theory that your character helping the Maiden lull the old one back to sleep at the end of Demons Souls is what got rid of a lot of the magic/soul arts of the world so that's why in Bloodborne everything looks less reliant on magic and more reliant on human technology, apparently someone who got to see some previews also found someone in game doing an "Umbasa' prayer. So if that's all true that's really cool, if they make a whole new world/lore that's great as well but if they built off of Demons Souls stuff that's really cool, especially given how big your Demons characters role was in everything.

Where did you hear this rumor? It wouldn't "shock" me per se, especially since the cannon ending of Demon's is what you describe. However I could see a character making that prayer more as a callback/easter egg and it not really meaning anything. Sort of how every From Software game has the Moonlight Sword in it, even though it was only important / mattered to the lore of King's Field.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Humanity

I'm hoping for a surprisingly amazing experience. Would be a nice change of pace.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZolRoyce

@karkarov: Oh yeah, I don't doubt it could all just be references, but fingers crossed it ties both games together. I heard this rumor/speculation from someone who does lore videos of the Souls series on YouTube named VaatiVidya, he's really dedicated to figuring out lore stuff and got into the Bloodborne alpha and story speculation video about it really, it's a long video but he basically makes the storyline point in the first 2-3 minutes. So the link may be mended.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By mordukai

Frankly from the what I seen of it so far; I am really looking forward to playing the game and experiencing everything.

@memu said:

The PC release.

Ok, I'll bite...Just like the the PC version of Demon's Souls.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@zolroyce: Yeah, the way the lore system is designed, you feel like a super-cool guy just when you put one item description together with another, or with a boss' design and form your own independent theory about how this guy betrayed his king, died for his love etc. Very cool idea. I just wish I was better at it, or more consistent, I guess.

I told myself before DS2's release that I would keep a notebook of lore development and character descriptions like the Youtuber Kay (I like her enough to shill her, so if you haven't, check out Kay Plays. It's great). I didn't do so, but I'm telling myself that again for Bloodborne. Maybe I actually WILL this time, maybe I'll wait for Vaati to fill me in. Regardless, I'm waiting with bated breath.

Yeah, I've heard that theory prior. Personally, I think it would be awesome if there was a direct connection to Demon's, but I said that regarding DS1 and 2, and thought the lore around the connection was mostly half-baked, so I don't know...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Something different, and from the footage that's exactly what I'm getting.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping the combat is good. One of the bigger things Im hoping for is great atmosphere. I almost kinda wish they had a sound track for it. Some of the out of context videos felt a little bland. I have not followed the game much. Partly intentional, but also hoping the items/weapons are interesting.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mauling my way through mobs with some kind of blade-hammer. Really those weaponsl look awesome.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

Currently the thing that interests me the most is the world and the look of the game.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They talk about Demon's Souls a lot when discussing this game. I consider that a good sign for the atmosphere of the game.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poobumbutt: I'm always up for checking out a new Souls lets player. I'll give her a look at some point. The notepad idea sounds cool, kind of a look back almost of games from times looooong ago where you couldn't gamefaqs or YouTube so you better have a damn note pad handy for passwords and stuff.

To be fair, from what I've heard, DS2 was made by a sort of B-team as A-team was busy with Bloodborne, so perhaps the people who were really good/focused with story stuff will be able to do really cool stuff all over again.

Another thing I'm speculatively looking forward to is any appearance by Patches or like son or daughter of Patches if they bring him back, he's like a bumbling henchman character, he's a dick, and you know he's a dick, also kind of a murderer if you think about it, but damnit, I sort of like having him around. Though every other playthrough or so I do stab the hell out of him.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atmosphere lot and lots of atmosphere.

benjo_t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just looking forward to another unknown quantity. Pushing forward in new areas and discovering what's there for the first time is absolutely the draw of the Souls games for me, and I'm sure Bloodborne will be just as good at it.

Pilgrimm1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching Jeff Green play it of course! RETRIEVAL!

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

everything, these games are the complete package :)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Probably the monster design, since they do that art so well. Curious how varied the environments will be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killing shit.

esuing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited to see a game I want to play on my PS4. Since giving up on Destiny, it's just been sitting and collecting dust. Most games I play on my PC if I can. The Xbone has had a few exclusives I've played (Sunset, Halo), but the lack of content for the PS4 has really been making me regret that purchase.

About the game itself, I love the environments, the atmosphere, and the action. Looks like the type of game that I can chew on for a while.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The giantbomb duders playing it in some capacity.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing it.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@karkarov said:

@zolroyce said:

Where did you hear this rumor? It wouldn't "shock" me per se, especially since the cannon ending of Demon's is what you describe. However I could see a character making that prayer more as a callback/easter egg and it not really meaning anything. Sort of how every From Software game has the Moonlight Sword in it, even though it was only important / mattered to the lore of King's Field.

Loading Video...

This is a fan theory put forth by VaatiVidya. His bread and butter is incredibly well-researched but ultimately speculative interpretations of the Dark Souls lore. You should check out his other stuff too, the Prepare to Cry series goes in-depth on specific characters and it's really good stuff.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda just looking forward to the fact that it'll be the first game I'll play in over 3 months, probably the longest I've gone without touching a game in over a decade.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getz said:

This is a fan theory put forth by VaatiVidya. His bread and butter is incredibly well-researched but ultimately speculative interpretations of the Dark Souls lore. You should check out his other stuff too, the Prepare to Cry series goes in-depth on specific characters and it's really good stuff.

Oh I know who they are. I won't post my opinion here but to sum up I literally loathe both them and every other "prominent youtuber" and their so called theories. Every time I look at one of their videos it is just made up crap based on some of the most tenuous non existent tripe I have ever seen. Knowing it came from them is all I need to know that it is probably pure nonsense.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Fredchuckdave
    pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@memu said:

The PC release.

Same.

@mordukai said:

Just like the the PC version of Demon's Souls.

Yep, looking forward to that too.

Loading Video...

One day. One day.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By Getz

@karkarov: It's just for fun, he admits to the speculative nature of his interpretations. It's really not worth getting worked up.

One of the most engaging aspects of Dark Souls is personal interpretation: the story-telling is vague and leaves a lot for the players to decide for themselves. One man's youtube video is not to be taken as the definitive "answer" but rather one piece of a larger puzzle. I enjoy Vaati's vidyas because he puts a lot of thought in to them but I don't treat them as gospel and I don't think he means them to be.

Again, it's for fun. Video games are about FUN; I know it's easy to forget.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Overcoming seemingly impossible odds.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Quick Look.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fans hating it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.