87 BAZILLION GUNS or Dismemberment

#1 Edited by NitroLukeDX (10 posts) -

Guys what are we looking forward to more LOAD'S of guns or some HARDCORE Dismemberment

#2 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Guns. I am a loot whore, the more stuff I can loot and sell to a vendor the happier I am.

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11435 posts) -

I'd rather have the guns. Dismemberment is fine for a while, but unless it's truly dynamic dismemberment, it'll just come off feeling like a rip-off of Dead Space (which is also not dynamic in the sense that where you shoot the enemy directly correlates to where the body part gets dismembered).

#4 Posted by laserbolts (5345 posts) -

Guns Guns GUNS!!!!

#5 Posted by BitterAlmond (401 posts) -

Neat graphical things like dismemberment are fun, but what really affects gameplay always comes first. Guns.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (25201 posts) -

96.5% more WUB.

#7 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I'd rather have more varied effects for guns.

@BitterAlmond said:

Neat graphical things like dismemberment are fun, but what really affects gameplay always comes first. Guns.

I'd change my vote to dismemberment if it has a bearing on gameplay. But considering how over the top cartoony Borderlands is, no thanks. Show me a shooter where I can disable dudes legs or arms and have if affect their AI routines and we'll talk, Gearbox.
#8 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5854 posts) -

how about BOTH

#9 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3082 posts) -

Don't make me choose between two of my three favorite things.

#10 Posted by spazmaster666 (1978 posts) -

I hope the guns have more unique parts this time around. The first game had lots of guns, but not much in part variety for the guns.

#11 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

The first game sure as shit didn't have bazillion of guns.

It had about 7, and then those have varying characteristics. Even then though, just about every shotgun or revolver or whatever felt the same as every other shotgun or revolver. Or whatever.

Just give me good ragdolling dismemberment.

#12 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1547 posts) -

I want some more variation. Maybe 5-10 base models for each type of weapon, with sound and attachment variation (like silencers or different muzzle breaks.) Although, it's too late for that.

#13 Edited by sgjackson (529 posts) -

Dismember always owns.

#14 Posted by ajamafalous (12125 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

96.5% more WUB.

Yes.
#15 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

96.5% more WUB.

That is the obvious priority so it goes without saying. I think the guns, because that is a huge part of what Borderlands is.

#16 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

I want to be able to create my own character. I'd like to be a small fat man with the ability to scavenge stuff and build make-shift cars, combat droids and traps.

#17 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Depends, which member are we talking about? Because anything above the belly button and my answer is probably the guns.

#18 Posted by Cogzwell (257 posts) -

I look forward to my first nice, big, bountiful chest. I still remember the first epic I ever got in the first game, it was a lv7 Maliwan Static Justice *sigh....* that thing sure did shoot lightning.

But I'm definitely a Jakobs loyalist all the way, can't wait to get my hands on that Double Barrel Shotgun! "Sniper Rifles are For Chumps!"

#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

the title of this thread gave me a good chuckle

#20 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Lots of guns. And actually lots of guns, not like in the first game. Dismemberment seems pretty useless to me. Other than Dead Space I can't think of another game that has any use for it.

#21 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

I am totally looking forward to the 1 (palette swapped 87 bazillion times) gun.

#22 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6401 posts) -

Take the disemement of Afro Samurai and I'll take dismemberment over weapons. Anything else, and I choose weapons.

#23 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

gibs over guns.

#24 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

The Wub Wub has to be the priority here guys

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.