borderlands 2 release date

#1 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

anyone want to take a guess at it?

a dutch online store has it for 30th of april 2012

amazon has it set for 30th of june

and gamestop has it set as 1st of september 2012

#2 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

The 1st of misleading and disappointing thread title.

:[

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

@Adamsons said:

The 1st of misleading and disappointing thread title. :[

I got excited for nothing.

Just wait for 2K/Gearbox to officially announce a release date, there's really no point in trying to guess at it.

#4 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

lol didnt want to get anybody's hopes up.. i was surprised to even see it as pre-order on that dutch site and got excited myself until i checked the other sites :/

was just wondering if one of the sites has better estimates than the rest.. sometimes a company slips up and posts the actual date before its announced

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11950 posts) -

My guess is October 9.

I think with the lack of a quarterly estimate, it's likely to be closer to the end of the year - and the last game was released in October too.

#6 Posted by RobDaFunk (336 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

My guess is October 9.

I think with the lack of a quarterly estimate, it's likely to be closer to the end of the year - and the last game was released in October too.

THIS.

#7 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

Either way it's not soon enough.

#8 Posted by Creamypies (4066 posts) -

September 4th.

#9 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1247 posts) -

Let's just wait for gearbox to announce their own release date...besides shouldn't they be busy for awhile with their duke nukem dlc :p

#10 Posted by totriz (22 posts) -

new trailer and release date: september 18

#11 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4523 posts) -

You can never have enough wub wub. Always be dubstep.

Also, I like how so many youtube comments are people upset about the music. So sour.

#12 Posted by Tennmuerti (8107 posts) -

Dubstep is the perfect fit for the Borderlands action, when you're out there shooting a shitload of guys.

#13 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

I've just been playing through the first game again. Super excited about the sequel, it can't come soon enough.

It's one of the few games coming this year that I'm willing to pay full price for.

#14 Edited by niamahai (1405 posts) -

*edit*

I hope it won't be in direct competition with Halo4, seeing that MS usually release their exclusive around Sept. too

#15 Posted by NicksCorner (416 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

I've just been playing through the first game again. Super excited about the sequel, it can't come soon enough.

It's one of the few games coming this year that I'm willing to pay full price for.

Yeah, I came to Borderlands very late as well. Just recently completed it.

And I loved it! Cant wait for sequel.

#16 Edited by YI_Orange (1148 posts) -
#17 Posted by stryker1121 (1452 posts) -

Very tasty trailer and I'm no fan of the dubstep. The wub-wub actually fits in w/ the tongue-in-cheek nature of the game very well. Plus some nice in-game footage w/ new guns and general insanity. First-day buy possibility for sure.

#18 Posted by DrLove (357 posts) -

Sept release will be tough vs Halo 4.. would have been a great game for the summer but i guess they didnt want to rush it.

#19 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

Most disappointing topic becomes most awesome thread!

This year is really shaping up to be an awesome year of games, even post the super-strong Q1 :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.