Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

I can't get XP by kills in Borderlands 2 PLS HELP!

SexyCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SexyCows

Ok so I was playing Borderlands 2 and I realized that I wasn't getting XP for my kills like it wouldn't pop an XP thingy out of them and put it on my bar. I went to see if it was going up by 1 XP at least it was 766637 XP and didn't go up one single bit after a few kills this is on Xbox btw. But I go XP from finishing jobs and that's it. I don't know if it has anything to do with me and my friend playing because when he left and disconnect his controller from my Xbox and I went in solo it had a second controller which I thought was weird. So I did the stupid thing of just turning my Xbox off and not saving which was a really stupid thing to do. But I don't know if it had anything to do with that. I just need to see if there is a way to fix the bug without deleting my lvl 13 Siren PLS HELP.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sexycows:

Were you perhaps replaying the start of the game with your level 13 siren? I know that if you are fighting enemies that are too far behind you in level, you do not get XP.

If you resume your own game and killing enemies that are your level doesn't result in XP, then try contacting Gearbox support: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=148322

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Are you killing enemies that are near your level?

SexyCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SexyCows

@oscar__explosion: Well I'm lvl 13 and I was killing lvl 7,8 and 9's I think but I definatley killing lvl 7's

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Yeah go kill things that are at your level or higher I think the cut off for gaining xp is around 5 levels below your current level.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.