Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

New DLC is simply not fun on Ultimate Vault Hunter

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By christ0phe

I am about 3/4 (I think) of the way through the new Tiny Tina DLC, and I have died on the same boss upwards of 15 times. Without a full party of four, playing through this new DLC on Ultimate Vault Hunter mode is proving to be nothing but constant deaths and struggling to do damage. I appreciate that Gearbox created Ultimate Vault Hunter as a challenge for players, but it becomes nigh unplayable as a solo game at times.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

I feel like this is the same situation you would have with a Diablo game on the higher difficulties - it's probably not really intended for solo play. It's probably balanced for high level parties, not individual players.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By HH

bah, i got a sweet rifleman / survival build on my commando, no legendary weapons, all solo, 54 and counting, no problems, much fun. i hit uvhm and switched to a new approach - slag with a pistol, then pummel with a torgue lance, 15k per shot, times 2 with class mod + rifle relic + impact, that's before kill skills and battlefront, then add two rocket firing turrets for cover. dudes go down quick enough.

try another build, adapt.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@laszlokovacs: Most Diablo games are balanced for solo play, might be more difficult and time consuming but it's still an option.

Ostratego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ostratego

The thing is that both Diablo and Borderlands scales the level of enemy boss characters with player count. This gameplay conceit implies that developers should allow bosses to be beaten solo in higher levels. If you're going to imply this, anything other than following through on the implication is a balancing issue on the fault of the developers.

So, difficulty balancing is a problem. Whether Blizzard or Gearbox will listen or ignore those who complain is another problem.

Actually, I know Borderlands II level-scales to the highest level player or host. Yeah... that's even worse of a circumstance than I said above because coders decided not to put that code in.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I kind of figured that would be the case, since after playing UVH for 10 minutes in the main game, I could tell it would get impossible. I stuck to True Vault Hunter for the DLC, and it's still proving to be pretty tough. But of course, I'm not getting any new, more powerful weapons to make up for it. You also don't gain very much XP even fighting enemies a few levels up from yours. I'll be lucky if I hit 51 by the time I'm done with it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hehe, "neigh unplayable".

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

You can't play UVHM solo without a bunch of really powerful legendary weapons. Bring some friends, and slag those enemies. The strategy you used to kill enemies in TVHM won't apply.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: It's hard to play games as a horse to be fair.

Is there any way to enjoy Borderlands 2 after you finish the game the first time? Playing through on Normal difficulty I'm tearing through everyone with no challenge, but when I put it on TVH It's me getting torn apart.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: Should have specified I meant solo play. It's just the difficulty that's throwing me off and I can't play online due to nerves.

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Other that some weird leveled up Orc King or something that was level 66. once a ran away like a bitch i found it great on UVM with my 61 Commando.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.