Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Shift Account : PS3 to 360?

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RAMBO604

I already have the game on PS3, I ordered it for 360 off Amazon on a Black Friday deal as I'm in the process of probably selling my PS3 (Borderlands 2 is literally the only game I played on my PS3 since Infamous 2, its a big Blu-Ray player to me). I was wondering if the seven golden keys I have banked on my Shift account would transfer over to the 360 version if I sign in with my account?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

Nope, shift codes are platform specific

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By Mnemoidian

@RAMBO604: I believe that while, as points out, Shift codes are platform specific, the golden keys are tied to your SHiFT account, and as such are cross-platform... but that's just my understanding of the situation.

Technically, you should get another key for each platform you link to SHiFT from the game (website linking does not provide additional keys).

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RAMBO604

@Mnemoidian: That is my reasoning for thinking it would work. Your account can be linked with multiple systems. They would probably expect a few people to intermingle between 360, PS3, and Steam. It would almost seem punitive to have the account for the SHiFT service and not do anything for that small segment of people who bought multiple copies.

I'll at least get a few when I get it, didn't get DLC and I was going to buy the Season Pass and Gage when my 360 copy arrives. I know Gage gets you a key and the Pass might come with one as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.