Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Help

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Colonel_Fury

So I've hit a roadblock in my Borderlands 2 fun, that snag being Bloodwing. I'm playing as a level 55 Siren and it has become the ultimate war of attrition. Unless I want to run through the entire Wildlife Preserve again, I'm stuck with my current specs (32 points in Cataclysm & 18 in Harmony) and weapons. So how do I tackle this boss, and what are some other tips that my fellow duders can give me? This is becoming not fun at all.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By maskedarcstrike

Have you tried using orb of slag on him and what weapons are you using? I finished getting my commando to 61 and I used The Bee shield and a double unkempt harold. You will die a bunch using it but it gave me the extra dps I needed to kill.

Are you able to get to his slag phase at the end?

edit:nvm orb of slag comment I meant is the cata phaselock slagging him

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Colonel_Fury

Have you tried using orb of slag on him and what weapons are you using? I finished getting my commando to 61 and I used The Bee shield and a double unkempt harold. You will die a bunch using it but it gave me the extra dps I needed to kill.

Are you able to get to his slag phase at the end?

edit:nvm orb of slag comment I meant is the cata phaselock slagging him

I don't know the gun names offhand, but I've got a corrosive shotgun, Moxxi's fire smg, a vladof assualt rifle, and a random assortment of pistols/rocket launchers. I'm thinking of going back to sanctuary and getting some better weapons. Unfortunately I can't use the Bee because I'm not far enough along in the story & my other characters aren't a high enough level to make it useful.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Gruebacca

That fight in uvhm is not easy at all. I pretty much kept phase locking her and kept trying strategies to avoid her until I trailed and errors my way to victory. I always kept a skag nearby just in case.

My suggestion is to get a buddy.

strangecargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this fight is fucking hard solo. If you find yourself struggling in UVHM, play online. That's how I got through some of the harder sections of UVHM, particularly when I was starting to outlevel my equipment. It's not really a matter of finding people to carry you, but that the game is much easier when you're not drawing all the aggro, you can be revived by allies, and enemies that aren't raid bosses don't get reset when you respawn. Everybody loves a Siren in multiplayer, especially if you have Res or some of the other group-friendly skills. Random people in BL2 also seem to be pretty friendly and generous with weapons by the time you hit UVHM, so long as you don't have any problems with using weapons that you didn't find yourself or may be duped.

strangecargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By strangecargo

I should also add that all loot pickups that are considered a type of currency (cash, eridium, seraph crystals, Torgue tokens, etc) are shared in multiplayer, so when anybody picks up one of those items, everybody gets it. You'll finish a multiplayer session totally loaded with these things.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@colonel_fury: hrmmm I actually used a lvl 50 bee all the way until I got a higher one from hellquist, it probably wasn't the best decision. Try using an elemental adaptive shield if you're not using one, it helps a bunch in that fight.

Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just beat it. It wasn't easy at all. Basically it came down to me phaselocking her, running in circles to avoid her elemental attacks, phaselocking some more, and getting potshots in with a Torgue assault rifle I had in my inventory. Thanks for the tips though, I'll be sure to employ them for the future boss fights coming up. Now if y'all will excuse me, I'll be having a celebratory drink.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.