Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Borderlands is no longer Single Player (Help!)

Dixperiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Dixperiken

So i recently bought all the DLC for Borderlands all at once. I then released that mad moxxi and the secret armory are no longer tuned for single player. While i instantly gave up mad moxxi, some parts of the secret armory are pointlessly hard. I understand they aren't impossible because there are videos of people doing these things but it is impossible for an average joe.
    These things i'm talking about is Crawmerax and the circle of duty. I spent many hours on each of these things and even with the knowledge of the internet on how to do it solo, (and to my shame trying to glitch crawmerax in the end), i still haven't got further with either.

While i understand these parts are supposed to be hard but i've lost the spark that I loved about the original part of the game. I played through the entire thing on my own and throughout it I felt powerful. I haven't once felt powerful completing these DLC. I've only felt inadequate and that i'm not good enough on my own and that on it's own and spoilt the enjoyment of the game a little for me. 

What's your guys thoughts on this?

Also I wouldn't mind forming a team to take down these mighty threats to the world of borderlands if anyones game?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

Circle of duty I did not find that hard. Died a few times now and again but at least it was a challenge.
    These things are meant for endgame playing for people who have nothing else to do, with already some good guns and that know the tactics and weapon's pros and cons. If they were easy people would be wining on the official boards yet again. General Knox was a direct resonance to the majority of people on the official boards crying at how too easy Vanilla borderlands and Zombie DLC were. people asked for harder stuff. Ask and ye shall receive. But when you overcome these challenges it feels more meaningful, look at it that way. The overall difficulty of the DLC is meant to be hard but doable. Just no longer a cakewalk.

Crawmerax was not designed for solo kills period. Gearbox kind of made a misstep here and did not tune him for solo players at all. So don't beat yourself up over it. He is killable solo but by either being masohistic or using exploits. Seriously don't judge your strenght by him.

You completed the DLC you overcame that challange, trust me you are good enough.
    Think of the Circle of Duty as a long term challange and try to evolve your tactics and get beter guns and use them appropriately. It can take time if you are not geared.
    Don't loose sleep over Crawmerax, either find some friends to help you take him down or ignore him.

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Chyro

My Mordecai is about as uberly geared as you can get and I get absolutely bitch smacked by Crawmerax.  Although I dont really see the point of them releasing these weapons in the 3rd DLC as there cannot be too many of these DLC on the way still.  Yay I got perlescent weapons.  What do I do with them?

Shindiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Shindiggah

IDK, I really didnt find Secret armory insanly hard, I mean yea it was challenging ubt it wasnt unbeatable at all and I did play the majority of it on SP. 
    Although yea Crawmerex is supposed to be tackled with 3 other people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.